• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather - high-green belt Heather?? Is that you girlfriend? Helllllllooooooooo!!!!!! :grin:

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

Hehe....Heather, Heather, Heather lol...good to see you here girlfriend - now that I know it's you for sure!!!! You're too funny!!! :grin:

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Oh, yeh! Another good one that someone else mentioned is to look them in the eyes.. You can win a fight, just by looking them in the eyes.. Look them in the eyes as if you want to kill them, look like thunder!~~~ Make them think you're really going to kill them, keep staring at them.. They'll most likely look down, or look where they're gonna strike.. Watching the eyes when they strike makes it really easy to see where they are going to hit, then block or counter-attack.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

hey,

im on orage blt in kicboxing yet i havent sparred much, im not that good, but i always am told that eye contact is very helpful, one thing, which mentioned earlier, is sidekick, that always seems to be the favourite move in sparring, but when you land, your stance is in a side ways position, making you prone to be tripped,

some of the responses have really put some info in to me

keep em commin

-ad

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Hey Lori :> told you I would finally post, I've found usually if you can't shake a personn while sparring to go back to basics, use your front kick often whenever someone keeps driving towardss you, they will either back off or eventually pay the price for coming at you.

So much to learn, so little time

i have heard that the eyes are the window to a persons soul. well that might be true but don't look at a persons eyes when you're fighting or sparring.

why?

the eyes may tell you where they are going to hit you but it won't tell you with what they're going to hit you with.

instead look at their shoulders/chest area.

next time you're at the gym have someone stand in front of you at punching/kicking distance and look straight in to their eyes.

ask yourself what you see?

chances are you're going to see their head with you direct sight and maybe their shoulders indirectly.

now look at their chest. what do you see now?

you'll see their shoulders,torso,and legs and indirectly their head.

why is this important?

because of body movement.

the hand is quicker than the eye,but if the eye sees the shoulder move,which it has to inorder for the punch to be thrown,then the eye can be quicker than the hand. same applys to the torso and hips/legs.

hope this helps.

On 2001-12-02 04:40, Psycho wrote:

Hey Lori :> told you I would finally post, I've found usually if you can't shake a personn while sparring to go back to basics, use your front kick often whenever someone keeps driving towardss you, they will either back off or eventually pay the price for coming at you.

AAHHHHH!! Finally I see you!!!!! Hehe...your name suits you lol... :dead:

-Unknown-