• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Going to the Yoshukai Tournament this weekend?

WhiteShark

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have never entered a tournament before, what is it like how much is it cost....

Goodluck

oh do you alllow full contact?

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

The tournaments are really cool. The biggest difference between the knockdown and semi-knockdown categories is the use of protective gear. Semi-knockdown wears light gloves and light shin/foot pads similar to point sparring gear. Knockdown wears no pads.

They allows full power contact in all techniques except punches to the head which are not allowed. Also no grabbing and no hip throws only sweeps. These rules are specific to Yoshukai some tournaments allow real throws and grabbing the Gi.

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

:brow: I'am a big fan my self of tournement I went to 6 last year,but we don't have nothing compere to you style around here ,here it pin point fighting or full contack,some style use only light protector to the hand nothing on the feets they are calle traditional fighter,whatever let me know how it went, and remember go for it kiddo.......

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street