• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

washing of dobok

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow, I didn't know it took all of that. Around my house the proper procedure is to deposit the dirty dobuk into the clothes hamper and it magically reappears a couple of days later hanging up all nice and clean!

(Don't tell my wife I said that!) :brow:

I used to wear a white dobok, but it got disgusting sweat patches under the armpits and groin after about six months and also got brown stains on the buttocks from when I was stretching on the gym floor. People started avoiding me - I had to throw it out. I didn't realise I was making it worse by attempting to bleach it clean though. Thanks for the tip, that's invaluable!

Anyway, white doboks are a hassle to keep clean so I now wear black gis (is that the correct plural of gi?) - I think gis look smarter than doboks and are cooler in hot weather. I rarely see anyone in a white dobok...

The main thing for me is getting the smell out - it builds up over time - I use biological detergent and wash at around 37 degrees C as this is the optimum temperature for the enzymes in washing powder.

My top tip is that if you hang up your dobok on a coathanger to dry you shouldn't have to iron it. In hot weather I used to put my dobok on when it was damp to help keep me cool - but beware of joggers nipple...

I have two doboks, the training on is a black one, good for sweat and a nice white one for competition only. but I wash and dry them like everything else and the are clean, for sweat stains definetly pre treat the stain or your dobok will be yellow.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

You guys are either buying very cheap doboks or do not know how to do your laundry. All of this pretreating blah blah blah is unnecessary. Just put stain stick on any stains and wash it in cold water then hang it up in a place where it will dry easily. Also one thing you may not be doing that is very important is to hang it up or at least lay it out after a workout. This will air dry it out and keep mildew and other bacteria from collecting.

Long Live the Fighters!

also got brown stains on the buttocks from when I was stretching

Normally i would think that's funny - but YUCK ! ( no pun intended )

People started avoiding me

So would I.

The main thing for me is getting the smell out

I bet !

Wow, I didn't know it took all of that. Around my house the proper procedure is to deposit the dirty dobuk into the clothes hamper and it magically reappears a couple of days later hanging up all nice and clean!

i like this procedure best :wink: