• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts ads are getting pathetic

well, quite frankly, if martial is "war like" and martial arts are something that can be used in battle, than track and field and horseback riding are martial arts, too. not to say that they aren't if they are, i was just wondering if someone could clear that up for me :) .

oh, and i don't think anyone will take martial arts commercials until someone comes up with something along the lines of XTREME KUNG FU or something.

"we've got death touches so hot, they'll blow your socks off! TO THE EXTREME!!!!!!!!" :roll: :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think ads need to be word so that the general public isn't intimidated by them and driven away. My ads discuss self-defense, fitness and a family oriented environment. I don't want to freighten away the very people that are most in need of self-defense training.

A good number of my adult students are the parents of kids that I train. They bring the kids to the classes and after a few weeks or months of watching the kids train many of the parents decide to take lessons. Most parents are not going to subject their kids to abusive training so an atmosphere of intimidation would drive the kids and their parents away.

On the other hand having stressed the family atmosphere I do understand that you gradually have to work each student to the point where they can begin to deal with and react appropriately under the pressure, adrenaline rush and fear they'll confront in a real self-defense situation. But I don't believe in "throwing them to the lions" until they've got some initial training under their belt and gotten over the adjustment of walking into a new environment (the Dojo) and what can be the very awkward feeling of learning the basics of the MA.

Edited by pmh1nic

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin