• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Different classes for different ranks?

Goju1

I agree that they can prob. pick up more if it was a class of all high ranks however we just don't have the numbers to offer that many classes.

Their is 2 ways to look at it.

1. The way do its holding them back.

2. The way I do it teaches them how to teach, It teaches them to be patient, It brings the class closer because new students get to know and work with higher ranks.

IMO its 6inches one way and half a foot the other. If uppoer ranks don't train with beginnes they don't learn to see mistakes, they don't learn self control and certin aspects of discipline.

You need a mix and from time to time I do have special classes that are just for higher ranks. I teach to both so I don't just have black belts doing white belt techinques.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I agree that they can prob. pick up more if it was a class of all high ranks however we just don't have the numbers to offer that many classes.

Their is 2 ways to look at it.

1. The way do its holding them back.

2. The way I do it teaches them how to teach, It teaches them to be patient, It brings the class closer because new students get to know and work with higher ranks.

IMO its 6inches one way and half a foot the other. If uppoer ranks don't train with beginnes they don't learn to see mistakes, they don't learn self control and certin aspects of discipline.

You need a mix and from time to time I do have special classes that are just for higher ranks. I teach to both so I don't just have black belts doing white belt techinques.

I agree. There are advantages to both ways and good to do both. I know I learn the most when I'm teaching. Screws my katas all up! If ya know what I mean? :D

I agree that both is very good, We push the higher ranks to attend every class offered. Do you allow them to spend the whole class without working with the lower belts at times to give them time for thier training.

To know how others run classes can only benefit all.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"