• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Real life super heroes

King of Fighters

i said heroes.

police are not neccessarily heroes.

police do a job, therefore they earn money for doing their job.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine there are some vigilates which you could definately call a "super hero."

This is a touchy subject, but in some circles, a freedom fighter would be considered a super hero. Unfortunately, Western society gives these people the title of "terrorist," and makes them out to be bad people. Regardless of how you feel on that issue, I'd say those people are super-heroes to the followers of the cause they are fighting.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

well, you have to be a bit more specific...

not all terrorists are heoes.

aimlessly bombing people is not the act of a hero.

killing innocents is not the act of a hero.

there is huge difference between defending a righteous cause and killing the opposition.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

Police doing things for money.....

LOL

Like the salary of a LEO is big enough to encourage someone to put their life on the line for a complete stranger. LOL

If police officers wanted money they would switch careers.

Excuse me whilst I go laugh.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Something for everybody to think about. This isn't political, but philosophical.

A LOUSY COP

Dear Mr/Mrs Citizen,

Well, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped and always typical.

Unfortunately, the reverse isn't always true. I can never figure you out. From birth you teach your children that I am a person to beware of. Then you are shocked when they identify me with the traditional enemy - the criminal.

You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something wrong.

You take hour lunches, and several coffee breaks each day, then point me out as a loafer if you see me have just one cup.

You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing, and all of a sudden I am picking on you.

You know ALL the traffic laws, but never got one single ticket you deserved.

You shout "abuse of authority" if you see me driving fast to an emrgency call, but raise 9 kinds of hell if I take more than 30 seconds responding to yours.

You call it "part of my job" if someone hits me, but yell "police brutality" if I strike back.

You would never think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are ALWAYS willing to give me pointers on how to be a better police officer.

You talk to me in a manner, and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take your verbal abuse without batting an eye.

You cry "something has to be done about crime" but you can't be bothered to get involved.

You have no use for me what so ever, but of course, it's OK for me to change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car enroute to the hospital - or to save your son's life with CPR, or even forsake time with MY family working long hours of overtime trying to find your lost daughter.

So, dear citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, and maybe your life might someday depend on one thing.............me.

Respectfully,

A Lousy Cop

Police are the modern day super heroes. Who else will come to your house at 3am when someone is trying to kill you, rob you, or harm you?

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

well, there is always the argument that it is their job/duty but you are right, there is the point that it takes person of a certain mindest that makes them want to be a police officer, a fireman, an ambulance/paramedic...

Hmm, this isnt exactly what i had in mind when i started this forum......

But anyways, id have to agree Martial_artist, even though you may get pissed when you get a speeding ticket, who else is gonna save your * from some psyco with a knife at 2 in the morning.

But personally, id rather be a firefighter. They save peoples lives, everyone loves them, no gives them crap, and chicks love firefighters.

ahhh, but technically, you don't have the right to get angry if you get a speeding/parking ticket...

the rules are there. you know what they are and yet you still went over that limit/parked where you shouldn't.

who will save you from a killer with a knife? Hopefully the person being attacked will. because you can be outside when a killer is coming towards you and guess what no police in site. who will save you now?

falcon kick!!!