• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who me?

Cyberclown

Sorry all, I did not spot the introduction thread until now.

Hmmmmm.........I guess I could state my martial points....

I hold a 4th dan blackbelt in Taekwondo and cross-train in a few other arts...(mostly hapkido).

I first began my martial arts journey in 1975 when a guy I worked with wanted to check out my fighting skills. I grew up in a slum (big time)

He invited me to class and we sparred that first night. He showed me what street techniques were solid and which were not. He showed me the hard way! In those days he did not use a ranking system, we simply wore the white belt we began with. I trained with him for almost 2 years before moving to Texas. There my training became intermittant, (mostly due to a lack of funds) I was able to train with friends, though the training with them tended to be "tough guy" tactics.

I became a serious student about 18 years ago, studying under the same grandmaster for well over 10 years before becoming (and by becoming I mean learning) how to be an instructor and in fact ran a branch school for some time before starting my own school 6 years ago.

I am a very odd ball in the world of martial arts. I am very high-profile in my circles because of who I am, what I have accomplished and what I am on the verge of accomplishing, (literally martial arts history!) I am truly a pioneer in the world of Martial arts, by chance.

I see I was even mentioned (briefly) in here about a year ago. With a small bit of luck, anyone will be able to read about my life and my accomplishments in Taekwondo Times", hopefully around october or so.

Obviously I like to cause a bit of mystique. I cannot get away with that anywhere but in cyberworld, as my appearence belies who and what I am.

I am 50 years old now. I plan on turning the school over entirely to my wife in ten years and in the meantime I am working towards my next project/career/passion, (of which I will not be mystic about). I am a self-taught (with a little help from my friends) blues-guitarist who's riffs tend to follow the likes of Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert King, etc. I plan to launch my own blues band in the years to come.

My pet peeve? "My kung fu is better than your kung fu!"....(I hate to hear that)...

"Cyberclown" is a charater I created that kept several chat rooms rolling in laughter due to my wry sense of humor and quick wit....(most of which will not be apparent in a forum such as this......here I don't go for laughs..)

Anyway, I hope to learn and contribute what I can in this forum for so long as I am welcome and have the time.....

"We are all more alike than we are different."

4th dan, WTF Kukkiwon certified

AAU Coach/Referee (oops, not National though!)

USTU Regional Referee (but I have stopped chasing the USTU around for a while)

"One of a kind" instructor...*g*

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Thank you all for a warm welcome. It is nice to see a place where the martial arts spirit is so dominant! I look forward to learning much from this forum.

"We are all more alike than we are different."

4th dan, WTF Kukkiwon certified

AAU Coach/Referee (oops, not National though!)

USTU Regional Referee (but I have stopped chasing the USTU around for a while)

"One of a kind" instructor...*g*