• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is Everyones Actual Rank and Form Of Martial arts?

I know the feeling. Technically our classes are an hour long, but then sometimes you just have to do burners afterward (basically chair sits, calf raises, situps, pushups, whatever Kwan Jang Nim wants to do), and then there's standing around talking, then sometimes we go out to eat... :smile:

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received my green belt in Tang soo do, I really enjoy it now but My husband loves it. I was never into martial arts before but lately it has been a real escape from the pressures of life.

A failure is one who stops trying.

Hopefully I'll be going for my second dan in Choi Kwang Do in June next year. So far I've been training around nine years.

[ This Message was edited by: ckdstudent on 2002-05-13 14:32 ]

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

i am a purple belt (yo kyu) in Shuri-ryu (Shorei-ryu) karate.

i have been doing it for about 3 years now.

I like it because of the outgoing and optimistic people like me go there. And Koshiki!!!

We have various arts that we study, I also study Shin-Kage-Ryu swordmanship. I love it alsomst as much as Karate. I bet I would like it more if we did it as much.

Break the bones and the body will heal, break the spirit and the body will die.

[ This Message was edited by: Phantasmatic on 2002-05-13 15:25 ]

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

• 2 months later...

On 2002-04-25 09:12, tessone wrote:

Cobra, do all of your belts have multiple stripes before promotion? How many?

Yeah, in BJJ it goes white, blue, purple, brown, black.

4 stripes to each belt before you can test for your next coloured belt. Basically, 5 stripes make up a belt.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I just got my green belt in TKD. Belt order: white, yellow, green, blue, brown, red, black. There are 2 grades of each belt (low green ... me, then high green).

I also got to blue belt in TSD (moved the day before my brown belt test :bawling: ). Belt order: white, orange, green, blue, brown, purple, red, midnight blue, then black.

Laurie F

I am currently a 5th kyu. Promotion will be the 29th for me. I will be on the 4th belt from shodan. I do it cause I love it. It is something different from day to day life. I am in an Okinawan style, originated from the old Shuri-te style.

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

I am a purple belt in Chinese Kenpo that has elements of Shaolin and Gung- Fu. I love martial arts to the point thats its almost monomania :smile:. Its an escape for me, its also somthing I enjoy imesly. Thats why I do it :razz:

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.

• 5 weeks later...