• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is Everyones Actual Rank and Form Of Martial arts?

I'm a lowly white belt in Kuk Sool Won, though I hope to get my yellow stripe at the next testing. I've fallen in love with it (for reasons I've posted elsewhere) and train four days a week (sometimes five), as do all the serious students of our do-jang.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tested Saturday & will recieve my yellow belt this Friday night. Choong Sil Tae kwon-Do.

We also work a lot of Aikido techniques when training self defense & I can't wait to start sparring.

Our belt system is white,yellow,green,purple,blue,brown,red & black with Jr. & Sr. in all belts until black of course. Tessone-wish I had time to put in 4 days a week at the dojang! :nod:

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

It's one of the joys of being a college student. :smile: I've been thinking about Berkeley for grad school for a while, and the fact that there is a KSW school nearby sort of sealed it for me. I'm definitely in this for the long haul.

Chris Tessone

White Belt, Kuk Sool Won

[ This Message was edited by: tessone on 2002-04-24 23:07 ]

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

3rd Kyu (brown belt first level) Shotokan karate, training on and off 10 years (don't grade much and a rubbish kicker anyway!)

7th Kyo judo

(at least when parts of this thread got terse the whole thread wasn't closed down - I spent an age once replying on a thread then two people after me got shirty and the whole thread was closed - it was quite annoying. Why the offensive messages weren't just deleted and the posters disciplined is beyond me!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nice to kinda get to know you guys alittle more...i have a white belt with one stripe. I study brazillian jiu jitsu. i will be testing for my second stripe in a few months...peace out guys i'm sure i'll talk to you later!

:grin:

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

Cobra, do all of your belts have multiple stripes before promotion? How many?

In KSW, it's just belt-stripe-belt-stripe, etc. on up to brown-black belt.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

• 2 weeks later...

second dan b.b. in tsd and brown belt in ghdwck.

Total of about 8 years of playing...err training

" If a tin whistle is made of tin, is hook kick made from a hook?"

MBP

I'm a 2nd Degree blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do and 2nd degree blackbelt in Kenpo. I have over 16 years experience and I've trained in other styles like Muay Thai, capoera, and Tang Soo Do. I love kicking most and love doing aerial kicking and competition.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Hello, fun to hear all the variations of rank/belts.

I am a 1 gup red in TSD -hopefully for about 6 more days. I am testing next Thursday night for my apprentice belt. I started karate for some unknown reason, loved how it keeps me in shape, and now I just love learning all the techniques I can. I am just plain addicted, can't explain it. I help teach classes including our cardio karate class, and I work 25 hours a week managing our school. I love all the people who teach there; they have become like a family to me. My husband wants to know why it takes 3-4 hours to take a 1.5 hour class-you know all the play time afterwards- the good stuff.