• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is Everyones Actual Rank and Form Of Martial arts?

Cool Tobias :karate: :nod: Ni Cho Zai is a lot of fun. I kept threatening to start San Cho Zai but have been spending my extra time working Tekki nidan and printing cards.

I love my bo :smile: but when I work with my sai it is a totally different feeling. :nod: :nod:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry,

but i am getting a bit confused about this kyu and Gup business

kyu - is for karate

gup - is for TKD,

do you start from high to low in karate in terms of kyu , so white is 10, black is 0

and for TKD is that the other way around , so white is 0/1 and black is 10,

i really hope if u could shed some light on this situation cuz i really dont know what some of you guys say sometimes, no offence tough :wink:

-ad :karate:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Gups are for TKD colored belts and they count down. Black belt Dans count up.

Having said that, I just tested and received my 2nd Gup Red belt last weekend. Lots of fun!

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I am a Shodan (1st degree) in Motobu ha

Shi to ryu Karate , Katsu ryu Kempo , Ryukyu Kobudo .

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

• 3 months later...

I dont have a belt..i dont evan know if we get belts.I do kung fu..or if you want me to be more specific..'wu zu quan'..do u get belts in kung fu?

Well ive been doing it for 10 weeks now.. :up:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

First studied ITA Taekwondo for a half a year, got blue belt. Then swtich to Yoshu Kai Karate, now a purple belt. Once I got my second belt, my white belt became irrelavent, then came my next belt and my last belt was just a long colored clothe, and so on until eternalty. Belts are irrelavent. I know alot of people who can kick a$$ without a belt just because they are born like a bull. However, martial art is not about how good an athelete you are, but what's inside the soul. Your dedication and perseverance. Alright, no more bla..bla... from me. Now where, did I put that beer... "Honor is all we have." :nod: Oss!!

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.