• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit too general.

Its like saying what's the best martial art for a man?

It depends on the woman. It depends on the club, the instructors. It depends on a lot of things.

Some people would argue that grappling arts would suit women better, or arts like Aikido where she could use an opponent's weight and momentum against them, but every woman is different, and wants something different out of martial arts, so it would be impossible to name a "best" style for a man, woman or child.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

I know that can create a major debate but for point of view and it all in the honor of women I belived that aikido or TKD should suite more with there flexibility and less strenght as man we often try to rely on are strenght instead of the technique.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

I know that can create a major debate but for point of view and it all in the honor of women I belived that aikido or TKD should suite more with there flexibility and less strenght as man we often try to rely on are strenght instead of the technique.

Although women are naturally more flexible than men, but with less strength, a woman can succeed in just about any art.

The only art that a woman might have difficulty is boxing, as it is very male dominated and women's upper body strength doesn't tend to be great, but if a woman wanted to participate in boxing then I'd wish her luck.

When it comes to other striking arts, a woman would really have no major disadvantage. I've been training in karate for just a year and I'm not particularly strong, but I've spent a lot of time working on my kicks and now I can quite easily knock my dad (average sized, slightly overweight male) off balance. I'm working on my punches and they're getting increasingly stronger.

I don't train in the martial arts for self-defence, although I may have to use them in self-defence one day. I train for the love of it, for fun, for fitness and for discipline. Any martial art could give me those 4 things.

Even when it comes to self-defence. If a woman is attacked, any form of defence will probably save her. The surprise value is what would really give the woman an advantage in a self defence situation, as her attacker would probably not be expecting her to fight back at all.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

AIKIDO is what I'm trying to get my girlfriend to take because it shows different ways to subdue an attacker that tries to grab you, which is the situation most women may need the self defense for.

TKD could also be useful given women's leg strength and flexibility.

KUNG FU could also be a good art to train in given the depth of the art and the fact that women have faster reaction times (on avg.) than men.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

Even when it comes to self-defence. If a woman is attacked, any form of defence will probably save her. The surprise value is what would really give the woman an advantage in a self defence situation, as her attacker would probably not be expecting her to fight back at all.

I totally agree with you, especially the last part! Most guys aren't expecting a woman to be able to kick them across a room or put them in a arm lock! If a man attacks a woman, it's cos he thinks she'll be an easy target! :kaioken:

A woman can do any martial art (even.. I kid not.. Sumo!) You should choose your art to suit you whether you are a man or a woman, strong or flexible, short or tall - all these things can influence which art suits you best.. NOT YOUR GENDER! Also choose an art you enjoy the most :)

I train in Wado-Ryu and when we practice self defence techniques I usually get my training partner to attack me in a way I think I'm more likely to be attacked as a woman. For example, we were practicing how to get out of being pinned down on the ground.. now for me, it was a rape escape technique, for the guys in the class, it was simply a fight which had gone to the ground and they were being pinned down and punched or strangled.. different persepectives.. same art.

The only art that a woman might have difficulty is boxing, as it is very male dominated

Have you seen Jane Couch? She's had to fight ('scuse the pun) just to be allowed to box in a professional women's boxing match!!

motoko

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi