Grappling arts vs Striking Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warp, this is not meant as an attack, just seeking clarification on your terminology knowledge. When TJS is talking about the "mount" position, are you familiar with "exactly" what position that is?

To the best of my knowledge, that's the one where the other person is laying on their back and you are straddling/"sitting" somewhere between their pelvis and their abdomen. From the "disadvantaged" position on the ground, I have no difficulty kicking the mounter with full force in the back of the head, or alternatively bringing my foot further and planting my foot on their face to push them off.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

i have been able to occassionally throw my foot up and tear someone off me from in the mount, however, they could easily push foward, and get you into a side mount if you don't do it fast and strong enough

Maybe those fighters aren't as flexible as I?

Or maybe because you would be to busty getting punched in the head repeatedly or getting your arm/elbow/sholder broken.

Lots of things work in theory.

Or maybe because you would be to busty getting punched in the head repeatedly or getting your arm/elbow/sholder broken.

Lots of things work in theory.

Including the techniques you just mentioned. Seeing as how I've done it numerous times in practice, however, I'd say it works for me.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

but you don't practice against cage fighters.

i think what you do and what they do are slightly different.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."