• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grappling arts vs Striking Arts

I'd say Grappling Arts. There are plenty of grappling arts that have plenty of strikes in it, so in a way Grappling Arts for the most part are very well rounded.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gasp, what you mean that grapplers don't ONLY know how to grapple? and there i thought that they did nothing until they were close enough to grab...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I thought the argument was grappling vs striking, not grappling vs striking vs a guy who does both.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

the point he made was that all grappling arts train in striking because that's how they enter.

not all striking arts train in grappling.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

BJJ doesn't train in striking.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

That's why BJJ is an incomplete MA.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Sure is.

BJJ doesn't train in striking.

Wrong I have a Gracie himself show me several strikes from various positions both standing and on the ground.

AS far as BJJ being a complete art, it isint, very few are. there are lots of stlyes that cover most areas of the fight game and do a good job of it.

But while BJJ may lack in some areas what it is good at is getting someone into their game. Boxing is far from complete but a boxer will proabably still knockout most guys in a street brawl.

BJJ teaches safe ways how to take someone down and avoid their strikes. In some cases, this involves strikes on behalf of the BJJ'er.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

I don't think that BJJ teaches strikes.