• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Want some opinions on these arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree with Kyle. BUT I have done Tang Soo Do, and had a taste of Shotokan for a bit. They are all very effective arts. TSD and Shotokan are really similar.

If you have a really good instructor, any of these arts are good, and will meet your goals. Like it was said already, check out a few classes, and see what you think. Let us know what you picked :)

Laurie F

I practice shotokan karate and I think is one of the best style of karate,but if I had a hapkido school near by I would probably do both cause I think the hapkido is one of the well rounded martial art meaing you will find ground as well as stiking works all you need to be a good martial artist and to survive on the street .

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

All three are good choices to start. If you find you like what you chose, all three can be continued for a long time. If you don't, all three have a strong foundation to build on.

One comment, some people have a problem getting in close. If you feel uncomfortable being hip to hip with your attacker, then Hapkido might not be for you.

Personally, I would choose Hapkido, as it's very similar to my art and I wouldn't change mine for anything. However, you have to decide for yourself.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.