• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Want some opinions on these arts.

These are the martial arts available in my area that sparked my interest. I'm looking for general opinions on the following martial arts, and opinions on their effectiveness and how practical they are. I would also like to know if YOU had to pick one of these to train in, which one it'd be and why.

1.) Shotokan Karate

2.) Tang Soo Do

3.) Hapkido

Thanks in advance!

:karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
All of those are really good styles if their taught to you efectively in a safe hardcore enviroment. I suggest you try out a few classes of them all to see wich instructor is better and what the schools and fees are like and how good their students are.

Im great you are not

nothing beats sitting in a class or two.

most places give you a few free lessons anyway to let you get a feel of it before deciding to join or not.

and if they don't let you sit in the lesson? well, i think that speaks for itself...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Ahhh. Should you have the blueberry pancakes, the strawberry pancakes or the plain pancakes.

As with food, it's a personal decision. What are you looking to gain from the martial art? What are your goals? How old are you? Do you want a martial sport (one that leans towards competition) or a martial art (one that tends to place more emphasis on the history and tradition)?

Personally being a Taekwondo artist, I couldn't think of picking another style now :).

But answer these questions and we may be able to better help you.

And personally, I like blueberry pancakes :).

1st Degree Black Belt

TaeKwonDo

why do i get the idea that you were hungry while writing this post?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

oh and while i'm at it, anyone got a good recipe for them pancakes you guys make?

y'know, the thick ones you have for breakfast and stuff.

Ahhh. Should you have the blueberry pancakes, the strawberry pancakes or the plain pancakes.

As with food, it's a personal decision. What are you looking to gain from the martial art? What are your goals? How old are you? Do you want a martial sport (one that leans towards competition) or a martial art (one that tends to place more emphasis on the history and tradition)?

Personally being a Taekwondo artist, I couldn't think of picking another style now :).

But answer these questions and we may be able to better help you.

And personally, I like blueberry pancakes :).

I'm 15. Goals: strength, flexibility, discipline, coordination etc. I want a combo of both competition/tradition. If that is not possible, traditional is fine. (As long as it's effective in self-defense, and what I listed under my goals.)

Alot of the goals you listed you will learn from any MA, so long as you have a good instructor. However, all those goals also fall on your shoulders as to how much you put into your training.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia