• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WHat do feel is a Good Contract ?

l have a Dojo in Australia, could someone possibly tell me where to get a copy of what you think is a good and fair Contract for students. l like the idea of a contract because the money has to come in, but it must be fair to the students.. Thanks Osu!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I don't like the idea of contracts. If your a good teacher they will stay in class.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I understand the need for the contract idea to keep the money coming in to the school. Personally I don't care for it, but to be fair to the students, maybe you can incorporate some type of small percentage, or time that they have to recoup some of their money back if they decide it isn't for them.

As G95 stated, so long as you offer them what they are looking for in their MA training, then you shouldn't have much of a problem with loosing students. Good luck :) .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

My instructor offers an 8 week introductory offer that includes 1 uniform. This lets them get the feel for it and see if it's something they want to do. Then if it's for you, you sign a one year or two year contract. The contract can be broken for medical reasons or if you move.

1st Degree Black Belt

TaeKwonDo

No, the contract is paid on a month to month basis. If you are unable to continue for one of the allowed reasons, then your payments stop then.

I guess if you paid in full before the contract year and this happened, then it would be.

1st Degree Black Belt

TaeKwonDo

I don't like contracts either. I let my people pay month to month, and offer discounted rates if they want to pay quarterly, semi-annual, or annual. If they pay the dicounted prices then they have to pay it up front...it is not a contract. Hope this helps.

I dislike contracts in the extreme. I understand the idea behind them. I think White Tiger's idea is better. Although you need to have a fair refund policy if something comes up.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

• 4 weeks later...