• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

experience in tournement

kataman

September is around the conner and in my part of the world it tournement season.LET TALK ABOUT EXPERIENCE GOOD OR BAD IN TOURNEMENT.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Eeekkk. Mine have been bad LOL. I don't like tournies that much.

I got 3rd in forms in my first one, but that's after starting over. I mixed two forms together. But I did the second time perfect. The same tourny, I missed on a simple kick while breaking. I nailed the 360 jumping roundhouse (some call it the tornato kick), but I missed the board competely with a side kick! I felt stupid LOL.

My last one was good, though. I placed in all the stuff I did. All third, but it was good :)

Laurie F

I've placed pretty well overall in tourneys. Two time junior fighting champ (once second), placed 4th once in kata, and 1st in kumite with a friend of mine. Actually, the kumite was by far the most fun, because my friend and I had it totally down and where throwing full strength strikes. After class one day before the tourney, he missed a block and got a black eye.

Anyway, I havn't competed in a few years, especially now that I have been forced to train a different style, since there is no karate at my college. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing.

"The true master avoids the fight."

Shodan - Uechi-Ryu Karate

Brown Belt - Zen Budo Ryu JJ, Yoshinkan Aikido

Thank you all for such imput,let me take to you about my last tournement. It was in Val D'OR Quebec first round of fighting i had a free be (didn'T have to fight cause we were fifteen ) my first fight i meet a guy 6 foots 5 280 pounds but it ok it only pin point fighting,till he hit you on the nose but it was ok the guy was a doctor. but it kind a cool me down for the rest of the tournement.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street