• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Team Paul Mitchell

hey-

have you guys ever seen teams like team Paul Mitchell compete? they are awesome. i saw them once. there is this guy named DX and he is awesome. or the XMA performers. there are these little kids who are just so good. they xma site is https://www.xmarevolution.com. there is a name for the people who compete in these touraments but i can't think of it. i was just wondering if anyone else has happened to see them.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
i have seen them and they are quite good. that aside, i don't know how i'd feel to have a hair care product screen printed across my uniform... :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 1 month later...
My only problem is how are they gonna compare DX's forms (Wushu), with Karate style forms. It's almost apples and oranges. Actually 20 apples competing against one orange, I wonder why he stands out? Dont get me wrong, he's darn good, but why is he in the competition?

In my past life I slayed hundreds

and the life before that

they played trumpets to warn you that I was coming.

Usually when you see him competing against karate competitors it is only in grand. Those national tournys have a soft and hard division. Usually in mens grand forms it is DX and Jon Su going head to head. John and DX have gone back and forth winning grand on the NASKA ratings this year.

Interesting thing is --- DX doesn't have any competition in the soft mens forms so he performs guaranteed to get grand --- at least that is the way it was at a couple tournys this year. I don't say that to take anything away from him --- he is DARN GOOD!

For grands at the national tournaments the judges are a representation of soft and hard styles and are supposed to be educated enough to rank the diverse competition.

KarateForums.com Sempai

I dunno...the members of team Paul Mitchell are definitely very talented. Very talented gymnasts, that is. I've never seen any of them fight and that worries me. Their routines are absolutely amazing, I just can't stand it when someone does 50 backflips and one kick in a kata and calls it martial arts. There's more to it than just looking pretty!!

Speaking of which, they do have MARVELOUS hair. :lol:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I dunno...the members of team Paul Mitchell are definitely very talented. Very talented gymnasts, that is. I've never seen any of them fight and that worries me.

Your right, most of them do not fight --- but then again

Raymond Daniels does

http://www.sportmartialarts.com/athlete.cfm?ID=2&AthleteID=79

And I must say his record is pretty impressive. Firsts and Grands across the board.

Dean Fuerstenberg has a decent track record

http://www.sportmartialarts.com/athlete.cfm?ID=2&AthleteID=104

Casey Marks

http://www.sportmartialarts.com/athlete.cfm?ID=2&AthleteID=113

Brian Plempel , Jadi Tention etc

Personally I only do traditional forms / weapons and sparring. I used to be against the creative divisions cause I couldn't see the bunkai in flips and twists....its not til I realized it is just that....creative....it is for show. And they work just as hard if not harder to pull off the routines they do and I've learned to respect that.

Rather they fight or not in tournaments doesn't cause me to question their MA. I would be concerned if that is ALL they practice and get away from the other aspects of MA....but I dont attend their dojo so I don't know!

KarateForums.com Sempai