• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help! am a shy person I need help from u guys!

Practise is the Key

Am going for my first grading am a kenshukai karate member and to get a yellow belt tell me all about what i have to do etc what it is like please it is soon thankyou tell me what going on there in the grading etc. help

thank you...

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know about kenshukai karate, but i wouldn't worry about your grading, you have done all the hard work training getting there. I doubt you would have been put forward if your instructor thought you were going to fail.

In the system i do the grading is:

a) Starting with basic combinations

b) Have a go at katas

c) Sparring

d)Ippon work(self defense) for higher grades

e) exercises

f) The grader will ask a question and you can answer about it. Eg what does your training mean to you.

I havent done a grading in ages hope i didn;t forget anything.

Its nornal to be nervous, because you care about passing, but remember everything doesn't have to be perfect no one is perfect.

Usually white belts don't do much at gradings. I do TKD, but usually white belts just go through the basics, one kata, and are asked a few questions. They are not allowed to spar yet. My school does breakfalls, basic jointlocks and one step techniques, also for white belts. But your school maybe different.

It's normal to get nervous. I have tested many times, and I still get nervous. Just get in there, and do your best :)

Laurie F

Very often, nerves are a matter of perception. Try thinking of the test not as a pressure situation, but as a chance to show the whole dojo how much time and effort you have invested into the art. Most senseis will not test you unless they believe you can pass, and many will have already passed you by the time they ask you to test. So, don't be nervous. Just demonstrate you knowledge and by pround of it.

"The true master avoids the fight."

Shodan - Uechi-Ryu Karate

Brown Belt - Zen Budo Ryu JJ, Yoshinkan Aikido

Thanks ever so much for your guys surpport!

I might be a white belt but i can do 3 katas including saifa :P :P

At the moment am keeping my trainning fresh and trying to do splits

by strecting thanks for all of you!!!

If i can I want to be a instructor myself!!!

hahah ^__^

Thank you!!!

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

Usually white belts don't do much at gradings. I do TKD, but usually white belts just go through the basics, one kata, and are asked a few questions. They are not allowed to spar yet. My school does breakfalls, basic jointlocks and one step techniques, also for white belts. But your school maybe different.

It's normal to get nervous. I have tested many times, and I still get nervous. Just get in there, and do your best :)

My dojo i do kicking heavy bag sway bag weight lifting how to fall without injurie etc. spar with brown belt etc. i beat all blue and red belt etc.

My senior said you are a very good compititor for a white belt.

[quote="Practise is the Key

My dojo i do kicking heavy bag sway bag weight lifting how to fall without injurie etc. spar with brown belt etc. i beat all blue and red belt etc.

My senior said you are a very good compititor for a white belt.

My best advice is to not be so competitive - it doesn't make you a better karate-ka because you can beat all the higher belts. Just focus on what you can do, and do it to the best of your ability. Forget everyone else. Stay inside yourself! Sounds like easy advice, but I know from my own experience, because i used to think more like you and it almost ruined Karate for me. I had to take a while off and realize we're all on the same path, just different places.

It sounds like you'll do fine, most white belt tests are relatively simple anyway and your Sensei wouldn't have invited you if he thought you'd fail (in most cases)

Good Luck!