• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Seven Star Mantis Kung Fu

hmm, interesting.

we don't see the neck as one of the 'points of strength'.

for us the body and head are kinda held on a line (motherline) and don't really move away from that kind of structure.

hence, the neck isn't a source of strength in the way that the major joints are.

but then i'm not a mantis guy.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah the centerline (motherline) thing is good to practice and learn in any style of martial art indeed. The way it was explained is that it does not have to be a point of strength so much as a way to control your oponet in a chin na (sp?) mantis focus on many chin na techniques.

Im great you are not

some people seem to think that seven star refers to the constalations in the sky. What i have been told by a tai mantis master is that it actually refers to the seven folcrims (sp?) in your body the ankles knees hips elbows shoulders neck wrists.

Gee, and here i thought it was the amount of stars an adversary would see dancing around his head. :brow:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

or perhaps it gives a magical horoscope reading whilst you're pounding on him...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."