kataman

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never think of awarding a full black belt to anyone under 16 years of age. Since I don't start teaching the full range of techniques until age 14 this isn't a problem for me since it would take an absolute minimum of 3 years training to be considered for Shodan.

Also kataman, the study of weapons is called kobudo. Budo is a general term for the way of the warrior. Anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm mistaken.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

SASORI TE thanks for you input that what i belived and by the way you are wright about kobudo,sorry my mistake.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

um, you all need to get over the kids as black belts. just because you didn't reach the goal when you were under the age of ten doesn't mean you should respect those who have. i am sick and tired of people whining and crying about this topic. i know 2 blackbelts under the age of ten and they are more mature than some older teenagers that i know. do deal with it.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

My students have to be 16. IMO thats the age you drive then thats the age you wear a black belt. Both are require great responsibility and both are deadly weapons.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

getting a black belt should be a bout skill not age, most young people will lack the skill to get one so theres no problem but if they have the skill to get it, respect it because they deserve it

Shotokan Karate - brown belt 2nd kyu

Judo - Yellow belt

Jujustu - recently started, white belt

My students have to be 16. IMO thats the age you drive then thats the age you wear a black belt. Both are require great responsibility and both are deadly weapons.

LMAO. Deadly weapons, what are going to do run around town strangling people with thier Black Belts. I dont think that Martial arts are deadly or even a responsibility to know but that is IMO. But assuming it is, what is the difference if the student has the belt or not? If they still are good enough to be black belts they have that "responsibility" anyway wether or not they have a belt around their waste. If you had a requirment of ability that would be alot better reason IMHO.

Should be 18 in a serious style, sports styles, probably doesn't matter. IMHO. G95Champ put it well, there are a certain amount of potentially dangerous teachings at that level, which carry with them a certain amount of responsibility. Also, even a phsically large 16 year old is not as strong as a 'fullgrown man'

Just my 2 cents