Flying Kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

battousai16 - The great thing about these forums is to see how others would do it. I stay real close , always pressing so I would keep on top of the person as they are stumbling. Also since we do alot with grappling we would have a hold of them looking for a chance to break something. We also stress kicking low so I would also be taking his knees at that point.

As always IMHO

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

I still say you can pull off a Jump spinning back kick. I do this all the time from very close (arms length). In my school we learn to stay low and only use the jump to accelerate our spin. In any "jump" technique I never let my feet get more than +/- 3" off the ground. I have seen my coach pull a jump spinning back kick while holding my Gi so distance has little to do with it it you are good at the technique.

Note: He let's go of the Gi before executing the kick I was just trying to illustrate the distance.

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

I do not doubt ability, I was stating preference for myself.

I have seen my coach pull a jump spinning back kick while holding my Gi so distance has little to do with it it you are good at the technique.

Good at the technique is the key. However DISTANCE is very important to good technique. Also if someone grabs my gi I lock the arm/wrist up asap and start working on the joints to cause pain and break balance. This is what OKINAWAN karate calls TUITE JUTSU.

As always IMHO

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

I always liked blasting them as they flew by. They kind of land in a heap if you time it just right. I didn't do it to be mean, only to give them something to think about.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.