• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Flying Kicks

oh, by the way, i've changed my name

the one you know as "from the ground up" is now the

DRUNKEN MONKEY

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, we've always been told that flying kicks are used in the off chance that someone is stumbling off balance. one you've taken their balance, their amount of available counters are slimmed down, and a flying kick always looks pretty in said situation. and intimidating for anyone else watching :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

1. TEKKEN IS A GAME , NOTHING IS REAL, They used the guys in the green suits because it was cheaper than programming that moves.

2. JET LI DOES NOT FIGHT HE IS A WUSHU DANCER. HE SAYS SO HIMSELF, JACKIE CHAN USES WIRES.

3. In a point sparring situation like TKD tounaments Jump Spinng kicks may work. In any other situation once you go up you will be dropped by anyone who stays within arms length. In the style of KEMPO I train in we stay real close and even spinng is very hard to pull off. In any real fight nobody is going to stay far enough away to pull one off. That is also only on games, tv and the movies.

As always INMHO

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

Also,

"well, we've always been told that flying kicks are used in the off chance that someone is stumbling off balance. one you've taken their balance, their amount of available counters are slimmed down, and a flying kick always looks pretty in said situation. and intimidating for anyone else watching"

If thay are already off balance. The amount of counters start building when they are off balance just drop them with a throw or strike. why risk a move where you have your feet off the ground , or give them the chance to gain thier balance. And if one of those watching is a friend of thiers they will blast you as you land. see above comments.

As always IMHO

you just had to but in did you. darn rookie.

If this was directed towards me , I have been training over 20 years. I would not call that a rookie.

"If thay are already off balance. The amount of counters start building when they are off balance just drop them with a throw or strike. why risk a move where you have your feet off the ground , or give them the chance to gain thier balance. And if one of those watching is a friend of thiers they will blast you as you land. see above comments. "

understood. but i think it's all a matter of preferance. i personally don't use flying kicks often, but when i do it's more or less because i'm in the mood to have a bit of fun :wink: and by off balance, i meant tumbling backwards, not teetering. sorry if i didn't make that clear, or i did an i misread what you said. y'know, just to finish 'em off. :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai