• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a very good one.

it's a game. it would be me saying that i can hold opposite lock in a 600hp skyline and know how to do a rear wheel flick in a rally car because i can do it in gt3.

means nothing in the real world.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Tekken is model of of real people doing real moves all that must of slip your mind did it. you know when they have martial artist put on those green suits and tell them to do moves and the computer records thier movement.

falcon kick!!!

yes but those moves are done in isolation.

just because they are done in the game does not mean that they can be done against a live opponent.

back to my gt3 example. the car physics are modelled very closely on the real cars as well. doesn't mean that i can do the things i can in the game in a real car.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

they don't make an educated guess.

they take as many of the cars as possible and run them on the road. then they take the records and re-model the physics for them into the game.

and about tekken. i wasn't saying that the moves cannot be done (look at what the zero gravity guys do....).

i'm just saying that the game is a poor representation of fighting/sparring and as such cannot be taken to be real. therefore it is a bad example to cite when we are talknig about real martial arts.

but i seen people use similar moves that are in sparring or tournaments just because everybody says it will not work a throws their opponent of guard because they did not think a move like that will not work. like one time i saw a person knock out another guy with the RVD wheel kick and the guy is a black belt.

falcon kick!!!

then say that in the first place.

just don't use games or films as the basis of an argument. it leaves you open to attack from people like me...

and take it easy, just messing with ya.

after all, i got to live up to being on your arch rival list!