Flying Kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that not being stable with feet on the ground is a pretty big opening, step off blast when they land.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

Are we talking about ways to counter aerial kicks? Or what we think some guy named Tori would do against some guy named Uke(is he Hawaiian by chance?)

If we're talking abotu countering then I suggest something that has always worked for me. When they telepath their intentions just do a front push kick to their center of mass (usually the hip area) and they will tilt in the air and fall flat down.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Are we talking jump kicks or flying kicks? I think they are different and have different applications. Of course I would use jump kicks in sparring or combat if the opening was there, but not necessarily flying kicks. I take flying kicks to mean running, jumping, and "flying" through the air until you make contact with your intended target-not practical in sparring.

AZN,

Karate is self defense but is one not obligated to defend others in certain situations? What about multiple attackers and defenders?

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I tend to stay real close when sparring , I find that jump/flying kicks are not that effective given the way we spar in the dojo where I train.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

jumping kicks are very VERY nasty. as for the flying kicks... if you see them, there are loads of options. the best being move away, wait till the attacker lands and watch him fall to the floor as your side kick connected just as they landed ;)

I won't use neither for a street fight, but it's cool to learn. I might use a jump kick for a "suprise attack" but that's it. I would never use a flying kick, eventhough I know them. If the situation lets me, maybe. But it's still kinda risky. I would stay with the low effective kicks for a street fight. I do TKD, but I'm not stupid LOL.

Laurie F