• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey all,

What's amateur kickboxing like? I mean what's the difference between pro and amateur? I want to get into this cos pro really aint worth it and i wouldn't have the time. I have the skills and everything...

Do u have to wear protective headgear and all that in amateur?

Angus.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey Muay,

We have been a website for somewhere around a month, so that is where all users come from, KarateForums.com is its own website as well as a partner of KickBoxing.com :smile: Makes for many people talking aboute martial arts.

I suppose that'd be cool though with the protective stuff... at least i wouldn't get as beat up.

Thanx man,

Angus. :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

I think if I didn't wear protective gear when sparring I'd look like a walking bruise and probably wouldn't be able to spar as often as I do (which I love to do btw). Hey, did you guys see the video of the guy who broke his leg (literally)? How can that happen? Was it because he kicked the other guy so hard? Or did he have weak bones? And does that happen often? Man that was gross... :razz:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

I have never seen that video...; and pray I never will, but that is gross! I have seen similar things on the baseball field. :smile:

On 2001-06-24 12:26, Kickbutt wrote:

Hey, did you guys see the video of the guy who broke his leg (literally)? How can that happen? Was it because he kicked the other guy so hard? Or did he have weak bones? And does that happen often? Man that was gross... :razz:

yep i saw that vid man that was sick lol, seemed to be a really easy break so i think it had been broken previously at some point and the bone had weakened, thus making it break easier...coz if he hit the guy with enough force to make a break like that then the other guy woulda gone down

Ok, thx F-S-K, been wondering about that for the longest time, thx!! It's good to see you migrated over from the old board too :smile:

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-