• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

anti matter weapons

Drunken Monkey

and another of your irrelevant comparisons.

i would believe them. i just don't believe you.

anyone with even a slightest bit of knowledge in partical physics can see that you are talking crap when you speak of anti-matter weapons (with mini tokamaks) and teleporting large pieces of matter.

and why would you have to track them down? afterall, any type of teleporting is still very big news. it shouldn't be that hard to find some details. especially if it has been done many times like you say.

and what is that rubbish?

"if you don't believe me, why would you believe someone else, probably someone less qualifed to speak on the matter."

this is saying that you are qualified to speak about teleporting.

and if you can give details of people who have done this amazing teleporting of a stream of photons, why wouldn't i believe them?

(and your statement suggests that you are more qualified than the guys who actually do these experiments for a living).

so once again, mr warp spider is talking rubbish.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone with even a slightest bit of knowledge in partical physics can see that you are talking crap when you speak of anti-matter weapons (with mini tokamaks) and teleporting large pieces of matter.

Maybe someone with a slight amount of knowledge would believe that, but someone with a thorough understanding would realize that it's true.

and why would you have to track them down? afterall, any type of teleporting is still very big news. it shouldn't be that hard to find some details. especially if it has been done many times like you say.

It was big news. Several years ago. "News" from several years ago generally ain't that popular a topic anymore.

"if you don't believe me, why would you believe someone else, probably someone less qualifed to speak on the matter."

this is saying that you are qualified to speak about teleporting.

[/quote

(and your statement suggests that you are more qualified than the guys who actually do these experiments for a living).

Give the man a prize! He's deciphered the English language!

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

so now you resort to taking apart my reply as opposed to answering it and insults.

and i'm still a bit confused. you've never built a tokamak but you know all about them. you've never teleported anything but you know more than guys who have...

ok mr named after a warhammer product, here's a new challange. it shouldn't be too hard for a man of your intelligence.

try answering the questions now...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

Maybe someone with a slight amount of knowledge would believe that, but someone with a thorough understanding would realize that it's true.

if you read that again, you will see that you just said anyone with a thorough understanding will realise that you are talking crap.

Give the man a prize! He's deciphered the English language!

looks like you haven't.

so now you resort to taking apart my reply as opposed to answering it and insults.

and i'm still a bit confused. you've never built a tokamak but you know all about them. you've never teleported anything but you know more than guys who have...

ok mr named after a warhammer product, here's a new challange. it shouldn't be too hard for a man of your intelligence.

try answering the questions now...

Well, I felt it was blatantly obvious, but yes. I know many things without ever having done them, "Mr Named after a non-sentient creature." For instance, I know how one could go about manually causing a thermonuclear reaction without the aid of any electronics. I also know that doing so would likely result in being vapourized. Further, I know that although you may have been taught that anti-matter cannot be contained in any way, that doesn't make it true.

Electricians are taught things about electronics that are simply not true, because it's easier for them to understand and serves their purposes. Physics courses also teach an inaccurate explanation of electronics. Only if you were to take electrical engineering would you likely learn the whole, actual story about the movement of electrons, and the mythical entities known as "holes." This is much like how reproduction is explained to children. Obviously they wouldn't fully understand cell division and genotype and all that jazz, so instead they get a different explanation which, though completely false, is enough for them to understand as far as they need to. Similarly, it is quite possible that the things you have been taught about anti-matter are not correct, but taught as such because it makes it easier to understand. I have no other way of explaining how you have come to believe so strongly in something that is, simply false.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

Ok guys.. go easy on me, I'm a mathematician who did two years of physics in my undergraduate degree. I've always had an interest in Physics but I haven't kept up to date with the latest developments. I'm entering this conversation with the hope of learning something from you.

Have you both heard of Professor Krauss? I've got a book here that he's written that describes (in simple terms) how Fermilab stores antimatter for long periods. He compares the method to how the Tokomak devices contain high-temperature plasmas.

The book also tells how protons and anti-protons can be accelerated and controlled, by magnetic fields, to collide in specified points.

Drunken Monkey are you suggesting Matter/Anti-matter weaponry is impossible or improbable.. or just that the technology is not there to make them cost-efficient?

Keep Smiling!

see, that's a proper response to an honest question...

i have to say that i will look into that.

to be honest, i was just seeing if warp spider could actually give good answers or if he just likes to give little vague remarks.

the point with anti-matter weapons is that unless they find a good, "cheap" way of producing and storing, there is no real point of making assumptions into it's use in weapons.

warp spider originally mentioned anti-matter weapons in a thread.

i said that you can't have anti matter weapons.

he asked why you can't have anti matter weapons.

i answered with what i know (and as far as i'm aware, i was quite detailed in my reasons why you can't).

he then kept on giving replies with no real evidence to back them up.

all it takes is for him to give me a name, like you have, so i can do some more reading.

well, you can read what we have said and you can decide for yourself.

but anyway, thanks for the info.

Yeah, this thread is a bit out there. Personal attacks and what have you. I don't see a reason for this one to stay open.

Thanks.