• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Description

cross

The essence of Israels Krav-Maga is purely tactical self-defence and surviving a real-life violent confrontation. This can be under any conditions in the street, the battle field or any other environment, regardless whether it is during a civil, law-enforcement, terrorist or military type scenario. Our purpose is not to compete with someone who wears tightly fitting lycra pants and fights in a ring or cage for a living. Generally, in most areas of the world, we do not regard or see these people as a principle threat or risk, as they are highly trained and disciplined atheletes who rarley find themselves easily dragged into a common street brawl. Skilled fighters/ground fighters are exceptionally scarce and as a rule will evade such trouble if only to avoid injury. Whereas the common attacker and street hooligan has no such priorities, instead it wouldn't be classed as a good night out unless they had a trip to the local A&E after an altercation. For conflict in the street Krav-Maga has no rules of any sport origin, that means, no referees and includes biting, gouging the eyes, using incidental objects as weapons, breaking small joints and striking effectivly with all available body weapons. This is reality and this is what Krav-Maga is all about.

Taken from an article by: Eyal Yanilov and Jon Hegan.

This description is of course for Krav Maga. But i could think of no better words to describe the style of karate i do.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Krav Maga is still Asian Martial arts wrapped in a different philosophy just like Brazilian Jiu jitsu ,CDT, Lethalo and any number of other new arts out there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu nor am I putting it in a category with these other systems that I mentioned by name. My art is considered a new art too because it is not a classical style. However, most if not all of the techniques are still from Asian fighting systems. I'll stop right there and continue to defend as I need to. *L*

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Does all martial arts comming from asia? I am from Canada and there a new stile going on bassed on the north americain indiand. When you look down at the origin of martial art we all have commond threat,after all a kick is a kick where ever you are in Canada or else where in the world we have differents styles of karate today because of where people would lived (boat farms mountain etc..

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street