• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my feet are slipping

Ti

At my dojo, we put talcum/ baby powder on our feet. THis makes it slippery at first but when your feet sweat, It'll soak it up.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wear the Blitz TKD shoes (cheaper than adidas) and theyre not too bad.

They take a bit of getting used to though, as the inside edge of your foot tends to 'fall over' the sole when you balance on one foot. but after a while, you get used to them.

i only wear them when training on hard floors (blister city) and make sure you get some trainer socks because they do rub a lil when theyre new, and they start to smell quickly, so you will find yourself throwing them in the washer every month if you wear them regularly, lol.

I wouldnt go for 'low top running shoes' as the soles are too stiff and padded for MA use, the blitz and adidas have very thin soles and are very flexible (you can still pull your toes back for a decent maegeri)

https://www.bwku.co.uk

British Wado-Ryu Karate Union

yakusha.homeofmuppets.co.uk

English/Japanese Karate Technique Translator

I wear Blitz TKD shoes for training in from time to time. I find them comfortable to wear, although as Stanton has said, you'll need to wear trainer/sneaker socks with them at first, as they can rub a bit.

I've also used zinc oxide tape (the white tape that rugby players often use to tape their hands) on my feet to stop slipping, especially when training in the Chief Instructors dojo - I'm sure he deliberately polishes that floor to a high shine to test the balance of students! :lol:

Generally, though, I prefer to train in bare feet.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I know i dont have the slipping problem with the floor in my dojo... since it is rug. However, i do have a problem with rug burn. I hate it.. it hurts a lot! :(

Hurt rather than injure,

Injure rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill,

kill rather than be killed...

• 2 weeks later...