Ti

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

angel, I'm not saying that to try and be funny. That's what my instructor told me once upon a time. If you make a mistake correct it and keep going. When you look at it, there's really not much else you can do. Getting up, brushing yourself off and continuing on gives a better impression than getting upset and making excuses. Accidents and mistakes are going to happen no matter what level you're at. It might not always be that obvious but everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Fix it and continue.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

you'll find that if you concerntrate on keeping your heels on the floor as opposed to the balls of your feet, you will feel more grounded.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

you'll find that if you concerntrate on keeping your heels on the floor as opposed to the balls of your feet, you will feel more grounded.

Try putting water over a waxed floor and then tell me to use my heel.

:D

i meant keep your weight on the heels of your feet. that lines up you ankle and your knees and will help your base.

balance is a totally different matter.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I still think Karate should be practiced barefooted if at all possible. You will learn to cope with the slipperiness in time.

Most of the time ... but how many attackers will wait for you to take off your shoes so that you feel more comfortable while you defend yourself?

It's the opposite. You get more balance when you step ball of the feet down first. Watch ballerinas. Immaculate balance. They step this way. Maybe you're stepping heel first. It is natural to walk heel first, but when fighting you must adapt, in as natural a way as possible. Try stepping ball of the foot first. You know that is what cat stance training is for. It is not a true stance in classic karate, but a transition stepping tech. Also, your gi pants might be catching under your heel. Try rolling them up so they don't drag on the floor (if that's the problem). Hope this helps.

Traditional=Eternal

Nidan, Hakutsurukan