• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what do we learnd from kata

kataman

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't look at your kata as if it were a prearranged battle from beginning to end. Instead, break it apart into smaller series and study them. Try to find applications to these small series of movements within your kata.

Also, having practiced a kata for some time, the series of movements will become second nature for you and you will be able to perform them almost without thinking. This can be helpful in a self defense situation, as you may be able to apply your techniques in such rapid succession to overwhelm your adversary immediately and prevent the fight from escalating into a brawl. The element of surprise is perhaps your greatest weapon in self defense.

Everything

Its not as far as a lot of MMA would have you think. The balance, speed, timming, combos, carido, focus, shifting, etc all play huge factors in a real fight.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

thank you all so far it been helpfull.Remember that my code name is kataman,so i belive in the use off kata to learnd karate or the others style or other martial art that use formes.How about the bunkai for self-defence instaid of taking techniques from others martial arts such as ninjitsu,ju-jitsu etc.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

Most of your self defense techniques are probably in kata somewhere to begin with. If you know how to look at kata and break it down properly you'll see many locks and throws that are commonly used in self defense scenarios.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Kata and sparring are really different aspects. In kata you learn mind control, body control, you perfect your skills and stances. You perfect your movement.

And kata is really a show it has nothing top do with street fighting. Like if you try and perform Heian Shodan during real battle you'll be beaten to death

Angel

YELLOW BELT Shotokan Karate Ka 5th Kyu

Turkey

Karate is for Self Defense not Offense