• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ban on Non MA Political and Religious Discussions

Hello,

After much thought, I have made the decision to ban all non Martial Arts related political and religious discussion.

While I realize that this may not be a popular decision, I feel that it is one that must be made. These discussions most often turn to arguements and sometimes nasty arguements between those that we would otherwise consider friends. This is not the type of spirit that I wish to promote.

This is effective immediately. Thank you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello,

Really the rule is up for interpretation and that interpretation will be up to myself and the staff. I can give some examples though. Talking about the war in Iraq would be one or talking about how stupid a president (of any country, really) is. We will be tempted to apply this guideline in cases where an arguement will most likely ensue. Yes, it will cut down an awful lot of debate.

But, remember... this is a Martial Arts discussion site and that is our focus. Not politics or religion or world affairs. These topics can take the focus off of our true topic... the Martial Arts.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that would be serious overkill. :) After all, discussing family, music, movies, colors, games, technology, packing, eating, cleaning, TV, clipboards, school, books, stuffed animals, glassware, electronics, walking, running, sports, housewares, shopping, stocks, crafts, furniture, houses, and others do not qualify as political or religious.

But so does politics and religion! :P

:roll:

They are general topics, but for reasons already indicated (mainly the inflammatory nature of these subjects), the decision has been made to ban them.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I understand your point. But, these two specific topics garner a lot more arguments than the other things that I mentioned. And in these two arenas, people very rarely agree, so that is the motivation behind it.

Thanks for the feedback.