• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is a good school?

lilolpete

Hi I would just like to get all of your opinions on what YOU think is "good" karate school. Does a famous instructor :karate: make a good school...does it matter whether or not the teacher is famous or not. What qualities do you look at when you choose your school? What do you guys think?

Peter

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well your question is subjective in a manner of speaking. I think a good school is where you feel comfortable with the instructor(s), student population, and location. It'll be a place where you feel that you are getting something out of your training. One school may be for you and not for others, and vice versa.

In regards to the instructor being famous, I don't necessarily see correlation on whether or not the school is any good. If the famous instructor is around to teach or watch over his senior bb teaching, then it may very well be a good school. If the famous instructor is one who really has no input at the school other by name, and is always away on trips to promote themselves, then it may be a bad school.

Regardless of the instructor(s) status in martial arts world, I would tend to look at the quality of his/her teaching. That quality will then be transferred into their students. Well this is my opinion on the subject. One other thing, welcome to the forum.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

It all comes down to the teacher. A good school has a dedicated teacher, someone who teaches things the student enjoys and allows the student to experiment with things that are not regularaly used in the style. Also the teacher must allow the student to choose there own path and not expect the student to be a clone of himself.

When to find a dojo look around, and investigate as many clubs as possible. Always sit and watch a class first; if the instructor won't let you do this, ask yourself why. Look at the way the class is run. Is it organized? does the class seem well disiciplined? ask question of both the student and the instructor. How often should you train? What is the grading system?

*To my mind the most Important thing is to find a good Teacher*

*They have one thing in common: the ability to inspire*

*They come in diffrent shape and size*

when you find one stick with it!!!

hope you enjoy hahahaha

bye!

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

Well your question is subjective in a manner of speaking. I think a good school is where you feel comfortable with the instructor(s), student population, and location. It'll be a place where you feel that you are getting something out of your training. One school may be for you and not for others, and vice versa.

In regards to the instructor being famous, I don't necessarily see correlation on whether or not the school is any good. If the famous instructor is around to teach or watch over his senior bb teaching, then it may very well be a good school. If the famous instructor is one who really has no input at the school other by name, and is always away on trips to promote themselves, then it may be a bad school.

Regardless of the instructor(s) status in martial arts world, I would tend to look at the quality of his/her teaching. That quality will then be transferred into their students. Well this is my opinion on the subject. One other thing, welcome to the forum.

I agree with you a good instructor and you feel comfortable with the enviroment ohhhh no one say nice thing to me...i just came to this forum ^_^

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

ohhhh no one say nice thing to me...i just came to this forum ^_^

Well then, let me welcome you to the forum :) . If you'd like more welcome greetings from others, might I suggest the Introduction area of the forum :brow: .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

ohhhh no one say nice thing to me...i just came to this forum ^_^

Well then, let me welcome you to the forum :) . If you'd like more welcome greetings from others, might I suggest the Introduction area of the forum :brow: .

Thank you very much (sorry for my spelling I've just lerned english)

I need help 2 more day till i go for my first belt tell me what it evole please thanks again ^_$

Again, good equipment, good environment. The school should avoid dojo politics all together, and each person should be treated with equal respect regardless of rank. The instructor must be a good practitioner, and an even better teacher. The instructor should be high-energy, patient, and willing to donate individual attention where necessary. Saftey should be a concern during all endeavors.

first you have to look at how many years the school have been there. it doen't matter the number of years but it will give you a clue of how many black belt stayed whit the sensei

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

it is a place where you can be yourself and noone cares as long as you follow the school rules. it's were you call your classmates and instructors your family. where you go to train and not think about the rest of the world. it's definatly a place where you have tons of fun and gain much confindence. it is a place where you learn and teach many things even if you aren't an instructor becuase instructors learn from their students too. it is almost your second home. and no, it doesn't have to be a famous instructor--they may only be known by the people that they instruct for all that i care. and number of years doesn't mean anything either. it is your second home...that is a good school to me. and my school is even better than good.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt