• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you handle Stare Downs??

Warp Spider wrote:

Actually I quite enjoy it. In fact, I'm propositioned in public by members of both genders on a fairly regular basis. Though that would be dirty, it's still kind of flattering - though when it's another guy it's kind of awkward. I think that being stared at is awesome.

I had a feeling you would say this! However, for the majority of people,

I believe what I said holds true. It certainly irritates me when I am stared

at. You must be either very confident or a bit daft.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies fellas, I just wanted to know how you would react to my situation :D . And yes my queen is the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. But really, I am not exxagerating...98% of the guys here in south texas act like cave men when it comes to women. We notice it more cause we are from Connecticut. We never had any stares up there, everybody just minded their own business. Since we moved down here it's literally like im walking in the mall with Pamela Anderson or something. Im definately not insecure about anything, my lady just finds it uncomfortable and Im not sure how to handle it other than to just ignore it. By the way these are definate long stares too. Any other insight on how to handle this situation without psychologically taping into my mindstate would be appreciated. :)

https://www.kimsookarate.com

Krav-Maga, Tai Chi Chu an, Karate, Aikido, Hapkido, Taekwon Do, Judo

Thanks for the replies fellas, I just wanted to know how you would react to my situation :D . And yes my queen is the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. But really, I am not exxagerating...98% of the guys here in south texas act like cave men when it comes to women. We notice it more cause we are from Connecticut. We never had any stares up there, everybody just minded their own business. Since we moved down here it's literally like im walking in the mall with Pamela Anderson or something. Im definately not insecure about anything, my lady just finds it uncomfortable and Im not sure how to handle it other than to just ignore it. By the way these are definate long stares too. Any other insight on how to handle this situation without psychologically taping into my mindstate would be appreciated. :)

https://www.kimsookarate.com

Krav-Maga, Tai Chi Chu an, Karate, Aikido, Hapkido, Taekwon Do, Judo

You migration south might explain a little. My experience is that a lot of people in the East coast do find making eye contact to be aggressive. In other parts of the country it is rude NOT to make eye contact. You might have a combination of cultural differences mixed with the fact your attractive wife might garner more stares than many women and multiplied by your hypersensitivity to it. After all, what our mind dwells on tends to come true. Relax. Ignore them. It's obvious you don't have much regard for the natives, so why should you care. Rise above it.

Im looking at your wife now :o

Haha :lol: Don't take it seriously.. i mean you would look at an attractive women wouldn't you... Guys are guys.. that's what we do, it our instincts... ENough of that.. just be happpy that your getting it all.. if you know what I mean :wink: Just be happy that it's all you... and they will never get any from her lol :dodgy: :pony: :weirdlook: :argue:

A yellow belt who's words never hurt, yet skills send chills throughout the body.

Shotokan Student - 11 months training

sorry about this double post - accidental.

but i'll may as well make a use of it - is there any way of deleting your own posts?

Edited by Ben

well, i too am occasionally the jealous type. at one time, i was in a relationship with a 24 year old. i'm 17. my point?

at the time i was always getting annoyed and agressive with people that wouldnt take their eyes off her. and one day, i picked the wrong guy to say something to. there wasnt a fight but i ended up realising this:

I am seventeen! and i have a twenty four year old babe going home with me *every* night. most people will stare at you *and* her for a fair few different reasons. the point is, most people will be thinking "my god she's damn hot..." but the point is that you have her. this says something about you yourself no? if you're with a beutiful woman who's also clever, she must think you're equally good if not better.

to this day, if i'm with my gf (currently single though :P) i'll get angry cause people stare. but then i think "they must want my girl... well... i dont care, she's mine!" hehe

just flow with it. remember:

"Be like Water my friend" (doesnt just apply to fighting :))

Warp Spider wrote:

Actually I quite enjoy it. In fact, I'm propositioned in public by members of both genders on a fairly regular basis. Though that would be dirty, it's still kind of flattering - though when it's another guy it's kind of awkward. I think that being stared at is awesome.

I had a feeling you would say this! However, for the majority of people,

I believe what I said holds true. It certainly irritates me when I am stared

at. You must be either very confident or a bit daft.

Quite confident indeed. However, having said that, I do know at least one girl who doesn't like to be stared at either.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

Ben wrote:

the point is that you have her

And

they must want my girl... well... i dont care, she's mine!

At the risk of repeating myself, no-one owns anyone. People are not

objects. It is this kind of thinking that leads both sexes to believe they

have rights over others, and hurt them (or someone else) if they try to

leave.

ShaolinBlade wrote:

Any other insight on how to handle this situation without psychologically taping into my mindstate would be appreciated.

I gather that was aimed at me! I didn't mean to delve into your

psychology. I was just concerned that your reactions seemed so out of

proportion--it made me wonder how you would react to a genuine threat to

your relationship.

I have no knowledge of Texas, or of Connecticut. I'll have to judge by what

you and Sens55 have said. I don't really see what you can do, other than

ignore it. Taking issue with a particular man wouldn't help in general, as

you have already stated. I'm sorry I can't be of further help.

Rising Soldier wrote:

i mean you would look at an attractive women wouldn't you...

Guys are guys.. that's what we do, it our instincts

Sens55's post would contradict this. Evidently it is cultural, not instinctive.

Even if you had the instinctive desire to look at an attractive woman, it is

still your conscious decision to act on it.

Regards,

Bart the Lover