• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bruce Lee and his famous 300lb bag

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
All due respect to Bruce Lee, it is probably just an exaggerated story. He probably did kick a bag into the ceiling, but as the story travels the bag gets heavier and heavier. Typical Urban legend, perhaps.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

i think i read in an interview with bob wall that yes, he did, but it was a pretty long time ago, he might have been talking about something else.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

well, if i remember the interview correctly, they had the bag custom made for him as a joke, because he was tearing through the other ones so easily.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I would say he could. I train with a 100lb bag and put it to the celling a lot. I know were talking about 200 more pounds but I don't do much bag work. Form all I have read on Lee he trained several hrs a day and worked his side kick over and over and over. So I would say the rumor is true.

A shotokan side thrust kick should equal 10 times your body weight so do the Math. Lee was prob lucky to be a Burck 25 but thats still over a 1000lbs of force.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Yuck. Pounds of force. I can feel physicists spinning in their grave. I assume you meant the force of gravitational attraction between a 1000 pound object and the Earth at sea level.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

In my opinion bruce lee was very strong but sortof fake i mean we aghvent seen im i na real fight i mean he could do fast techiniqes in his fiolms but diddnt have to worry about beign hurt himself cos it was acted (sorry just what me thinks ) :karate:

G95champ wrote:

I train with a 100lb bag and put it to the celling a lot.

Wish I could do that!

How long did it take you to get to that level? What kick(s) do you use when

you do that? Hope you don't mind me asking you questions--I'm just

interested.

Any hints will be gratefully recieved!

Regards,

Bart the Lover