• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yoko Geri Keage

CheekyMusician

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Cheeky:

The side snap kick is a quicker kick, kinda like a jab punch if you will. The side thrust is more the power kick. Whereas I see the side thrust kick coming straight in, I see the side snap coming more from underneath a guard. Also with the side thrust kick, you tend to roll your hip over and lock out the kick, and with the side snap, there's no roll over of the hip, at least the way I use it. Hope this clarifies things.

PS

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Pretty much what Pacific said.

The snap kick you hit with the blade of the foot as to where in the side you hit with the bottom.

Snap kick very fast and good defensive or counter kick as to where the thrust is a bit slower and usually a better offensive kick.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I was always taught that with a side snap kick the knee comes up and the foot snaps out from the support leg at about knee level using the blade of the foot. In the side thrust kick, the knee of the kicking leg trys to chamber to the opposite side shoulder, the hip rolls over and thrusts the foot (bladded or flat depending on the target) out to the target locking out the leg before being pulled back in. Pretty much what these other guys said. It might help with the side thrust kick to think of aiming at your target with your butt as the leg is chambered. Good luck.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

when to used a snap kick or a trust kick,for my point of view you used a trust kick when you want to create a distance with you opponent .you used a snap kick when you want to kept you opponent closse and want to combine with something else. snap kick is a real good kick in tournement.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

Now I don't use Snap Thrust, etc. Will somebody tell me the Jap names. Because thats how I study'em.

So I guess Side thrust is Yoko Geri

Side Snap is Mawashi am ı wrong?

Angel

YELLOW BELT Shotokan Karate Ka 5th Kyu

Turkey

Karate is for Self Defense not Offense

Now I don't use Snap Thrust, etc. Will somebody tell me the Jap names. Because thats how I study'em.

Angel a snap side kick is called a yoko-geri-keage and a thrust side kick is a yogo-geri-kekomi.THey are both called yoko-geri yoko mean side and geri mean kick.

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

Kataman is right in what he said, and a mawashi geri is a roundhouse kick not a side snap kick.

:karate:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.