• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever had to use your MA in a real sreet fight

I know this post says ever had to use MA in a SF but my friend(s) and I did martial arts and abused it never thought about it, our trainer was a lethal freak. I had a post I had on a thread awhile ago. Instead of posting all my streetfighting stories I figure I will let this out again. I dont need to be flamed but I used to fight like kids used to collect baseball cards.

This is a broad topic, for there are many reasons why people fight, and you have to think of the situation.

I grew up in a decent neighborhood but stupid me decided to turn to the streets. We fought for every reason ranging from, respect, bad mood, being looked at wrong, people saying 'things' to us etc.. We were basiclly the hoodlums, gangs etc...

People have things wrong with them, alcoholism, chemical inbalances with the brain (bi-polar), people do to many drugs and it just turns people into sauvages and well they fight.. Its not the answer, but it will never be stopped. People just have to try an calm down a bit, were in bad times now.. Most people arm themselves with weapons (guns etc..) normal everyday fist fights turn into gang wars, 10 on 1 or someone getting shot.. Its not worth to fight outside the dojo or tournys anymore.

I learned the hardway. Bestfriend of mine died 3 months ago in a street fight. It was aranged and people placed money on it, he started to win and got jumped by 5 more people and then a blackbelt studying some sort of art ground fighting broke his neck and killed him on the spot.

I fought for stupid reasons and I now see that. Though a tragic event had to widen my eyes..

If you want stories I got them, just ask heh.

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to just skip all the posts after the first one. I guess Karate really was the reason. I mean, you couldn't learn boxing and punch the same way catching someone off guard.

In fact I remember when I was 8 or 9 and getting sucker punched. I think that kid took karate too.

Or was it kungfu? I can't remember.

"A blue belt can beat a black belt from any other art. A purple belt can beat his instructor. Past that, you don't want to know."

- Roy Harris explaining the different Belt Levels of BJJ.

Hey, how come no one posts about using their Karate and getting their * kicked?

"A blue belt can beat a black belt from any other art. A purple belt can beat his instructor. Past that, you don't want to know."

- Roy Harris explaining the different Belt Levels of BJJ.

Well, it wasn't on the street; but I worked out a couple of times with this guy Tony about 12 years ago. We went into his basement, and made room to fight full contact with no gear. I was a BB, and he had NO rank at all. Just what he'd seen in movies, and read in books. He repeatedly kicked my * over and over. We went at it 3 different days, and I lost all 3! :cry:

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

I never used martial arts in a real fight... but the guys that do Kick Boxing / Muay Thay with me have a lot of stories because they all work in night clubs and discos. But my master of Shorinji Kempo, one time, broke a jaw to a thief that was trying to robb him, with one punch

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water...

but not as dumb as trying to start trouble in a restaurant.

a group of dumb kids were just messing about that really annoyed my mum so she called the kitchen guys out...

and told them to get the knives...

the kids left in quite a bit of a hurry.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Here's a recent story;

I'm a Freshman in High School, I know Jeet Kune Do and Krav Maga. Nobody knows I know MA, because I haven't told anybody, or used it at High School yet. Anyway; this kid always seems to want to pick on me for no reason. He's about 5 inches taller, and twice as strong as me. He would walk up to me when I am sitting down and punch me in the arm and walk away. But if I get up and punch him back, I can not claim self defense; and we'de both get in trouble.

Well one day I was playing basketball with some friends, and then that kid asked to play. Nobody really wanted him to play, but everybody is scared of them, so we just ignored him. He said "HELLO?! I asked if I could play... there isn't a problem with that, now is there Brandon", he asked me. I was tired of him picking on me for 3 years, so I found some courage and said "Actualy, go find somewhere else to hang out, we dont want your presence here." He laughed and grabbed the ball out of my hands and kicked it over the fence and said "Go get the basketball and give it back to me... NOW!". I had enough, so I said "You have no idea who you're messing with" then he replied "Lets find out!" And then he threw a right hook, but I am extremely fast due to my Jeet Kune Do, I stepped forward and jabbed him in the nose before he could land his punch. He instantly cupped his hands over his face and when he took them off, his face and hands were covered in blood. He started running at me and then I used the shin kick to hit him in the knee cap, and then he was almost down. I lifted his shirt over his head and started kneeing his face and throwing upper-cuts non-stop. Pretty soon his body fell limp and I had KO'd him and he was on the ground passed out with his face and shirt completley soaked in blood. I got suspended and reccomended for expulsion, but when I got witnesses saying he threw the first punch, I just got the suspension.

I have never felt so powerful in my whole life; and I dont regret it at all.

BLH28,

I hate how a school system would reccomend someone acting in self-defense for expulsion. They are getting rediculous.

When I was in high school there was a guy who was untouchable. Not because he was strong or anything, but he would actually tell on you before you did anything.

He did some terrible things to me and my girlfriend including sexually harrassing her, and I couldn't do anything because he got the school office on his side right after he did it.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

well, although i hear what you're saying dokter vet (there's a guy in my school who does the same thing), there's quite a difference between self defense and beating a guy into a bloody heap out of anger and vengeance. i'm gotten in my share of fights, but i don't think they've ever ended like that. that could just be me though.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai