• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever had to use your MA in a real sreet fight

um, well, i think what you are talknig about falls in the due care and responsibilty parts of the law.

y'know, if you are trained in something that means you have an advatage against the layman, you have a responsiblity to act with care and caution and careful thought.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, infact almost anywhere a well trained martial artist can be classed as a deadly weapon.

heh... quite an interesting concept mind you... "i'm arresting you on posession of yourself!"

(?!)

in that case we come back to the "anything can be used as a weapon" concept and people would be arrested for owning a shovel, a spoon or even a pencil.

knowledge of the arts only comes into play after u having beaten up some mugger/bullier or whatever. when u used ur skills to deliver more harm than the judge thought would have been appropriate u can go to jail and no one cares what the other guy wanted to do in first place, but there many threads discussing this already, i guess.

wow this one is a hard one...

my first reaction is that yeah if everyone's packing then you most definitely should to. and while your breaking the law (and will go to jail if your weapon is found) then why not carry the most powerful gun you can find?

but then I read through the 6 pages and had time to think. and thinking about it my thoughts are violence only begets more violence and what if that guy belonged to a ballzy gang? you'd have to give him you money or fight him. fighting him would only make more problems for you because of wonderful people called lawyers and worrying if the guy belonged to a gang...even though I would like to use what I’ve learned in Judo and Tae Kwon Do it would go against the whole purpose of Judo...

but here's my question...couldn't this all be solved very easily (as far as muggers) by a simple checking account? then just carry $20 bucks or so in your wallet so the mugger is somewhat pleased by what you give him...it seems very simple to me but I don't have to look over my shoulder where I live. heck one night we forgot to close the garage door and everything was still there in the morning...

also Warp Spider you are quite possibly the most confused person here...threatening muggers that you'll blow up a gas station? :roll: innocent by-standers aren't innocent? :x those are two of the worst thoughts I have ever heard and I go to public school!!! first off blowing up a gas station so you can save maybe $600 (and that's after payday)...don't be so selfish. is your 600 bucks worth more than at least 3 people's lives? and that's without anyone else pumping gas or counting the firefighters that will have to be involved...plus it won't only cost the owner of the gas station money(insurance increases, rebuilding, etc...) but tax payers(firefighters, police, paramedics, chemical scientists, lawyers, judges, etc...) . and your cost will be so great that you won't do anything ever again even if you get out of debt. and who are you to judge you is innocent and who isn't? do you know the medical record of every person who pumps gas next to you? please...don't be such a fool, we don't need people like you representing Martial Artists. :kaioken: mind you i'm not saying you are dumb nor am i saying your a bad person...just that you might want to think through things a little more :) as Martial Arts doesn't need anymore steriotypes added to it...much less crazy :lol:

oh and to answer the question no i have never had to use what i know in a fight as i try to stay away from street fights(i heard somewhere that judo's harder to do without the other person wearing a gi :D and since i'm not to great at the throwing in the first place...heh it could get ugly)

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

nonono, you are not classed as a dangerous weapon if you are proficient in martial arts.

the law just asks those who are trained to be more RESPONSIBLE in their actions.

the point is, if you're attacked, you have the right to defend yourself BUT you do not have the right to beat the guy half to death.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

nonono, you are not classed as a dangerous weapon if you are proficient in martial arts.

the law just asks those who are trained to be more RESPONSIBLE in their actions.

the point is, if you're attacked, you have the right to defend yourself BUT you do not have the right to beat the guy half to death.

absolutely correct!

absolutely correct!

Yeah, thats almost exactly what I said (I just forgot to say it the first time, my bad :wink: ).

Cody

white belt in everything

I feel I am fortunate to not have had to use my skills yet. However, I truely believe I have used my hightened awareness to avoid a few situations where I might have had to.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.