• No!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that it was mystical or magic. I just said that I've seen and experienced a no touch knock out. Your body happens to run on electrical current and with training you can affect that current in different ways. There's nothing mystical about it. How does your nervous system send and receive messages? Through electro-chemical impulses. It's worth taking a look at and not dismissing out of hand.

My response was not an attack at you. I was referring to the general consensus on Ki that you generally hear/read about.

Plus, if you re-read my post you will see that I'm not dismissing anything out of hand. I said that I believe in no touch K.O.s

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

And don't say no one has ever been knocked out with Ki. I've seen a one inch punch send a 250 pound man twenty feet backwards into a tree.

No offense, but that sounds a bit far fetched. A train hitting you will not send a 250 pound man that far. If this guy packs more power than a train, maybe he could find a lucrative career in demolition.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

that video was very interesting, can you explain what you think happened in it... it looked to me like the master stopped his breathing or something. any idea what really happened there?

Cry in the Dojo, Laugh on the Battlefield.

Nobody said it had to be mystical. It is just a different way of understanding the flow of energy in your body than western science typically assumes. Ki is a combo of mind and body control. It is about tapping your inner energy.

"The true master avoids the fight."

Shodan - Uechi-Ryu Karate

Brown Belt - Zen Budo Ryu JJ, Yoshinkan Aikido

Guys, you are looking at this all wrong. You look for signs like 'KI BALLS' and no touch knock outs, and other fantastic, showy stuff. And you are into 'controlling your qi energy'. It doesn't work like that, you don't 'control' it. You allow it to move, and direct it's movement by gentle suggestion, not by force. And no touch ko's are possible for advanced practitioners, but there are a lot of charlatons out there who will show you the same thing, for a price. Problem is, they are fakes. But that is what most people base their ideas of qi on, the fantastic and the phony. I know it exists because I've experienced it, alone, with no other influences. But you will never know for sure one way or the other until you open your mind and experience it yourself. I think it was Sho-ju that has a cross on his avitar. How do you know that God exists? I'll say flat out that I can more positively experience qi than you can experience God. But I believe He exists as well.

I must be drunker than I thought to reply to a thread on qi. But there you have it.

Freedom isn't free!

• 4 weeks later...
i think you guys have been watching too much dbz, why dont you tray and become super sayan now? AHHHHHHH!!!! *boom*

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)