Bl4cKtH0rN

Do you believe in Ki?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Ki?

• yes!
    • What?!
    • No!

Hey coco,

Have you read anything from Grand Master George Dillman, or any acupuncture books like the Deadman's book? If you do some research you'll find there are alot of posibilities for self defense that to the untrained eye will look like something super human, but in fact is very simple.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just suggestion, surely. A video proves nothing. If you ask

someone to close their eyes, and then tell them over and over they are

falling, some people will actually fall over. It doesn't mean you're

influencing their nervous system. They do it to themselves.

Until these things are done under laboratory conditions, in properly

controlled trails, I'll remain an unbeliever.

Scorcho wrote:

It is just a different way of understanding the flow of energy in your body than western science typically assumes.

Science is neither western nor eastern. It is a body of knowledge of the

physical world.

Regards,

Bart the Lover

• 2 weeks later...
I belive it like a body energy your strenth but not explosive firework no nonsense.

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

Is a muscle power it can creat heat if you sit near a person who concertrate a force in his hand you hand feel the heat and focusing his energy example trying doing moksu than focusin for hours and then open his eye than break 4 inch boards.

i never belive fire works never if somone focus so hard like made their hand imagine it is strong as gold and full speed you an feel the wind energ slash hard enough to blow away cloth.

But firework is a fake drills.

trust me I'll be back after i deal with califonia.

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

• 2 months later...

Is a muscle power it can creat heat if you sit near a person who concertrate a force in his hand you hand feel the heat and focusing his energy example trying doing moksu than focusin for hours and then open his eye than break 4 inch boards.

Ussually when blood flows into a place, it gets warm. When people meditate, they tend to get relaxed, and blood can flow more freely.

Yet I love the claim of dillman students the UFC banned all his students because they didn't want nothing to do that "Deadly" stuff. Yeah I call bull *. I been to dillman seminars. He is good at what he does. But I consider it like Rod sakranski's combat ki moves. LIke what you saw of Discovery were the moves were set up. I have seen websites of some of his students teaching there classes with sparirng with pressure points. It would be intersting to actually see that class and someof them do that and more interesting to spar with them.

From dilmans seminars and tapes that moves are set up by grabs and the oppent not really having intent with it. Meaning not pulling when grabithe wrist not pulling and intent to hit. There for the grab was the inent and stopped after that. So of course the moves will work better in those sceniro's.

It would intersting to see no touch knock outs in self defense. Or on moments notice. with out being excuse the analogy I just thought it funny. "Powering up" Kamamaha!!!!!! lol!

Seriously though I won't discredit dillman totally. He has done research on this subject of Pressure points and nerve work and TCM and its very intersting stuff to play around with. That I am grateful but not a big fan of it in actualy confrontations. But who knows, until I feel the evidence or shown to be proven wrong. I will remain a skeptic.

-Jeff

You can exploit both energetic and pressure-point work into figthing. In fact, you'll find it done throughout many non-pressure-point partial arts. The boxing combination to the side of the ribs and then side of the face is also in CMA because it is two strikes along the same meridian and is used for knockouts.

If the pressure-point attack doesn't do anything, you've still hit him in the ribs and the head.

Its simply mind over matter, theres nothing spiritual about it. Its strong willpower and mental disipline.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee