• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

whats your song?

What style of Music is the best for pump you up?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What style of Music is the best for pump you up?

• Rap
    • Heavy metal
    • Pop
    • Classical

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky 4 soundtrack gets me pumped... I used to listen to some All 'boro King's/Sick of it all while weighlifting in the gym...and the first Rage Against the Machine album. Thats pretty good. On the way downto my yellow belt grading on sunday I was listening to Saliva (Click click boom) and Adema (Immortal). Im kinda getting back into the nu-metal thing, particularly what with Limp Bizkit back on the circuit ;)

the bends just came in for me, i'm listening to it now. drunken monkey, you're right, this is awsome :) not quite sure if i like it as much as kid a yet, it'll be a few more listens before i decide, but they're fightin' for the top.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I listen to In Flames while im training usually...About as heavy metal as you can get..

I also listen to Edguy's "Vain Glory Opera"...just the perfect fighting song.

Linkin Park and Metallica's "ST Anger" is more, kiddie rock..considered it's aimed at a very young audience, and the repeatative imaturity in the music that is prodced by those bands...Metallica have really sold out.

So far from real "metal" although the average american youth will never have the pleasure of being exposed to any real metal music.

War and anger shall reign

The clash of iron can be heard

By blindness you're driven insane

I'm lost in anguish and grief

I listen to In Flames while im training usually...About as heavy metal as you can get..

Linkin Park and Metallica's "ST Anger" is more, kiddie rock..considered it's aimed at a very young audience, and the repeatative imaturity in the music that is prodced by those bands...Metallica have really sold out.

So far from real "metal" although the average american youth will never have the pleasure of being exposed to any real metal music.

woh we got a 'metaller' in the house!!!

lol, hey I know what your saying about Linkin Park and the general slurge of 'nu Metal' or 'Kiddie' bands out at the moment, all generally aimed at younger audiences, even Metallica. But at the end of the day it'll be unlikely that those kinda bands will stand the test of time as they are merely a fad, n Evanescence aren't doing anything thats new. Nightwish did that whole 'Opera singing thing to Rock Music' ages ago and do it 10 times better!... but I don't think Metallica should be put in that league. I mean, i'm 23 n i've been listening to metallica for years, I think they're great (even the Load/ St Anger Stuff). As for In Flames, I heard good things about them, downloaded 20 odd tracks.. I don't see what the fuss is about myself, (although Pinball Map is a pretty cool song).

woh we got a 'metaller' in the house!!!

lol, hey I know what your saying about Linkin Park and the general slurge of 'nu Metal' or 'Kiddie' bands out at the moment, all generally aimed at younger audiences, even Metallica. But at the end of the day it'll be unlikely that those kinda bands will stand the test of time as they are merely a fad, n Evanescence aren't doing anything thats new. Nightwish did that whole 'Opera singing thing to Rock Music' ages ago and do it 10 times better!... but I don't think Metallica should be put in that league. I mean, i'm 23 n i've been listening to metallica for years, I think they're great (even the Load/ St Anger Stuff). As for In Flames, I heard good things about them, downloaded 20 odd tracks.. I don't see what the fuss is about myself, (although Pinball Map is a pretty cool song).

Only for the weak is In Flames best song...and black and white...

Metallica are a great band, but this St Anger album...it's like throwing away all their respect...to go and tour with mudvayne and linkin park.

But yes, Evanesence are not a really original band...There typical nu metal, with more talent,a slight hint of a gothic feel to them, well at least their singles...

But none of these bands can really stand the test of time...very few people that enter the industry as a "gimmick", they are only liked by people 11-14 of one gender...and kids grow up fast, they won't like those bands in 2-3 years...Which is alot of people starting listening to Maiden and Metallica when they were in their early teens and such, and those bands still have legions of fans worldwide..And are gods in the metal society...Because their music was real,

Although people like Britney spears were gimmicks, but now...Incase anyone hasen't noticed she hasn't had a hit song in years...she's just completly relied on controlled publicity.

Also Within Temptation are a good metal band with a female lead singer..."Ice Queen" is there best song.

War and anger shall reign

The clash of iron can be heard

By blindness you're driven insane

I'm lost in anguish and grief

• 2 weeks later...

:argue:

I won't get into the whole old Metallica vs. new Metallica debate. But I do like some of the newer Metallica (MI2, St Anger, Load, Reload, Black Album) to get pumped, as well as a bunch of different kinds of artists (mostly female) - Alanis Morrissette, Fiona Apple, Heather Nova, Avril Lavigne, Genesis, Evanescence, Christina Aguilera's "Fighter", Joe Jackson's Heaven & Hell, the first Bush album

(forget the name), etc. Anything that has a good beat that I want to sing along with, as well as work out to.

"The glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall."

Uh.. too much to list really.

guns and roses - welcome to the jungle

nirvana - in bloom

nirvana - smells like teen spirit

hendrix - voodoo child

metallica - enter sandman

metallica - st. anger (although there are some things I don't like about this song, not sure...)

linkin park - one step closer (not sure if that's the title)

ac/dc - back in black

Instrumental stuff is always good. :up:

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

alittle Pantera- Walk is what gets me pumped or Old Metalica. Another cool song is- Mamma said Knock you out by LL Cool J. Victory songs, we will rock you, We are the champions- by Queen, and Paridise City- by G&R.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder