• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

whats your song?

What style of Music is the best for pump you up?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What style of Music is the best for pump you up?

• Rap
    • Heavy metal
    • Pop
    • Classical

Whats the one song that gets you pumped right before a torney or competition? My song used to be Lincoln Park's Points of Authority but then Mettalica's St. anger came out and thats the best Pump me up song.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't vote, because nothing i listen to fits into those categories. i listen to incubus (acid rock, though i guess you could call them alternative, or even pop, recently), rammstein (industrial), dropkick murphys (pump) and radiohead (alternative) mostly. if i had to choose one, i'd say heavy metal, but i wouldn't feel right choosing it, so i didn't :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

What about Rock? (Or did you include that in Pop)

Top 10 Fav Motivation songs:

Playing to Win, Eye of the Tiger, Excalibur, Are you going my way, MI2 theme - Take a look around, Bring me to Life, Beautiful people, James Bond theme, Life is a highway, Elevation, Toss the feathers.

Keep Smiling!

I don't really have just one song, and it depends on the situation, really...like, for my BB test, most people would need to be "pumped up" for that. Well, I wasn't honestly looking forward to the test, so the night before my sparring portion, it was a clear summer night...I grabbed my discman and listened to Coldplay's "Parachutes", just staring up at the stars. It was a relaxing and thought-provoking night, and I felt better prepared, mentally. Unfortunately my parents didn't hear me say "I'm going out to the backyard for a bit", and thought I was lost for an hour :lol:

I was also listening to Jimmy Eat World's "In the Middle" a lot. In fact it was my personal theme for my test!

However, there are times when I need to get truly pumped up. For those times, I listen to the Donnas, Linkin Park, Metallica (especially Hero of the Day, Fuel and Enter Sandman), Incubus and others.

If I had to pick one pump-up song, it would probably be Metallica's Hero of the Day. :nod:

Good stuff :up:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

hey, monkeygirl, i did the exact same thing for my blackbelt test, except instead of coldplay i did radiohead and instead of my back yard i was in the front yard on the hood of my sister's car. my parents got really mad because i got a phone call when i was outside and they didn't know where i was, and they looked all over the house and couldn't find me :P ah, memories...

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

the cd that i listen too before i spar is either DMX " then there is X" or ludacris "word of mouf"--both of those cd's really get me in the mood to kick someone in the head.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

ludacris - move b**ch

DMX - shut em down, open up shop

guns 'n roses - live and let die

drowning pool - sinner

stuff like that

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

I really don't have a fav. But it's mostly metal. I don't know where to put Linkin Park, Limp Bizket, or Disturbed, but they are my favs lately. Or Metallica (old school stuff) or a good Zepplin or Hendrix song to pump me up.

Laurie F