• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This weeks movie ratings

well the thing is, without lord of the rings, you wouldn't have harry potter...

lord of the rings is the reason for every fantasy books' existence. it gave us dungeons and dragons and it gave us magic and it gave us fantasy.

hmmm, it gave us d&d...

maybe we SHOULD hate it after all!

:)

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i still think it is kinda cool that an old man had the spirit to write all of that , just for his kid...

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

yeah. i was at work and found another book he wrote for his kids or grandkids or something (i work in a library); i forgot almost everything about it, but it had something to do with christmas :lol: . it was very endearing. :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

at a time when there was no television and radio was a luxury.

makes it all the more piognant...

even so, i still hold that he doesn't hold a candle to vonnegut or orwell. and i'm a huge fan of stephen king, i think he's a head of tolkien in my book too. so go out and rent the shining. good movie, even though it has nothing to do with the book :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

have you notived the amount of "pointless" posts that wrestlingdude has posted recently...?

d'ya think he's trying to up his ranking?

or am i being too cynical again...?