• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Modernization

Yoshie

Hey, I do Wado Kai and was part of the AKF, but the leader Rempal has changed over the past few years, he has started introducing his own katas, and my own senei found out that he had changed old katas, like the pinans. This rempel guy always cared about money and in the past he would give green belts "Make shift black belts" to start there own club and make money. So what had happened is we and a few other clubs split off from the AKF and come back to the World Wado Kai fed. Anyways i was wondering if you guys have similar stories and if you know Rempel.

Thankz

"The more relaxed you are the faster and more powerfull you will be." Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
And also my club holds tradition very high, many other clubs don't do this but we use terminolgy and such, like Mawashi Geri and such. This is one of the reasons we left.

"The more relaxed you are the faster and more powerfull you will be." Bruce Lee

I think your instructor was very wise to get out of that situation. Have you ever heard of Ray Hughes? I had a chance to meet and train with him in Phoenix, AZ. He's a relly nice guy. He's one of the top American representatives in one of the Wado organizations. I don't know which one as I try to stay away from big martial arts organizations.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

It gets kind of sad when MA mix with politics and money. Sadly, not even the Japanese are immune to this. Sensei Mattson, the man who brought Uechi-Ryu to the US, just recently split with Japan and formed his own organization of Uechi after an incident where a 6th dan was given his 7th dan despite the fact that he had not been training for 10 years and preformed horribly (needless to say, he paid the test fee).

"The true master avoids the fight."

Shodan - Uechi-Ryu Karate

Brown Belt - Zen Budo Ryu JJ, Yoshinkan Aikido

Politics and karate could be the subject of hundreds of other posts. However discussing it isn't going to change it. Politics = people. As long as people are involved in anything there are going to be politics. You just have to try and ignore it in the dojo if you can. I broke with my first instructor because of dojo politics. It happens. People don't always agree.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.