• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Introduction - me!

striker

I started martial arts when i was 12. I was being pushed around by an older boy. When we faced off a few months later, i made him submit. I've been hooked ever since. I've trained with many different people and have adapted many different techniques into my tool box of moves, including western style boxing, and diferent locks, and self defense moves. I am a kickboxer, but more towards the reality based, combative styles of defense. My style of kickboxing has saved me from the rough and dangerous moments of some tough neighborhoods.

I am not a competitor, but a kickboxing instructor and a personal trainer. I am certified as a personal trainer and nutiriton consultant. And hope to become certified as a nutiritionist one day. I have a few clients (including my fiance) and have plans of expansion soon.

I am very happy to become a member of the kickboxing.com family. I would be happy to answer any questions and would enjoy recieving opinions and input on the arts.

Thanks for your warm welcome and god bless.

________Anthony_________

if you can dream it, you can acheive it!

[ This Message was edited by: striker on 2001-10-10 16:36 ]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

STRIKER.....very nice of you to introduce yourself to us.....a warm welcome and we look forward to your input, views, and insights at karate forums............ :wave:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

:wave: :wave: welcome to the boards!!

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly.

Right off, I would like to ask everyone a question... I've been a martial artist for 18yrs. Two years ago I had a tramatic change in my life. I fell into a depression and stopped training. I am finally getting back on my feet, and training again. However, my mind is still a little missed up and I find that I am getting frustrated and discouraged with my training sessions. I know everyone has their bad days and bad workouts. So, my question to all of you is, what do you think or do when things just don't click just right. Do you have any advice, any sayings or words of wisdom? Thanks!!!

Anthony

when you get angry take deep breathes in and out or do something that makes you laugh or have a good time!!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

good advice Kicker----

when I am upset I either go online or watch Tv or play on my Playstation:D

Kung Fu Black Belt 1st Dan

GoldDragon Academy

-------------------------

Represenitive for Paltalk.com

*-*-*-*-Mouser (Palhelp)*-*-*-*-*-

It definately helps to have someone there to encourage you and to push you. My sensei is always doing that and it helps tremendously, so find someone to do that for you. Welcome to the boards!

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

When I'm annoyed, I just put on some music for a while then read a book. It helps take your mind off things for a short while so when you get back to reality you are feeling more fresh for it :smile:

Or take a nice bath :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com