• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i filled in my profile, i was in a two week introductory course to kyokushin karate school, but i decided not to join the school. i practice hung fut at tai yim kung fu school, hung fut is hung gar + buddha's palm (fut gar) . https://www.kungfu1.com is the webiste. T_T my dad said that since b4 i joined this school i took TKD and quit, i would have to stick with this school. :-( . now i'm going to go bang my head against the wall.

aznkarateboi,

Why are you upset about learning Hung Fut?

Hung Fut is a great style and Tai Yim i hear is a good sifu.What is it you're looking for from your kung fu and sifu? I'm not saying this is the case ,but many ppl your age try to learn too much too fast.Real martial arts training is not always fun and joy.It's hard work to be able to make the training and forms look so effortless.

jeff :)

The Basics Are The Hidden Secret To Kung Fu Master The Basics.

Sounds like they are throwing you guys in to fight too early. If you haven't learned the basic ways of moving then naturally you will move the way you've been influenced to. You have to trust what you're learning works and you will make alot of mistakes, but keep it up it will pay off. Or maybe you're teacher should smack you guys around when you start bouncing around like a boxer. If you want to learn boxing go to a boxing gym. It has nothing to do with practical fighting like some people think. There is nothing practical about boxing. You expend way to much energy bouncing around and throwing punches. That's why boxing is a sport and boxers are trained athletes with incredible stamina. A practical MA uses the least amount of energy and time to get the job done.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I'm not saying it's not effective, but if you have to defend against more than one person you'd better have some crazy endurance. Other MA's teach you how to be effective with using so much energy. That's what I mean by practical.

I'm not a good runner. So I'd better know something for a situation like that. I hope it never happens. The thing is in that situation you're dead already, you might as well take a few with you.