• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like a girl at my martial arts schoool !

It depends. If you're an instructor then there's absolutely no way you should do it. If you're both students, then it depends. The same argument is always said about never dating coworkers. And, as many have already pointed out, the repurcussions of it not working out can be drastic. But at the same time, love conquers all. If she's the right one, then the rest of the advice wouldn't matter, you'd find a way to make it happen. I'd certainly take it slow, see if she feels the safe and go from there. I'd also be careful about displaying too much affection near the dojo. But, if handled properly, it can be fun. There are husband/wife teams at our school (including my instructor and his wife) and it works fine.
ok, i don't actually like her but if i was to that would be messed up because she taught me the basic kicks and blocks in Tae Kwon Do and she is a higher belt(brown belt) and i'm "cough" white belt but we are the same age.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say to anyone that is interested in someone in their school that you must be prepared for the consequences whether good or bad. I dated my assistant instructor that I had at my Master's school and then I guess I was glad I didn't listen to anyone who said not to, because I went and married her, the best decision of my life.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

• 2 weeks later...

i know some one who is dating their training partner and they are very professional about it as soon as they step in the dojo, there is nothing there, its very demanding mentally.

mum and dad have done it as well but they were married and then trained together.

oliver willison

you hear that Guyanson? go marry her

Yeah it sounds a fantastic idea! Go for it!

I also know someone who is dating their instructor (actually dating is not a strong enough word, they are completely and utterly in love, its so obvious). But it never interferes with training, and no one works any less hard because of it.

My advice is, go for it, but don't flirt whilst training. why not invite her for a drink after class? If it doesn't work out, theres no reason why you cant stay friends. if it does work out, let me kno when the wedding is!!!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

[/quote

I also know someone who is dating their instructor (actually dating is not a strong enough word, they are completely and utterly in love, its so obvious). But it never interferes with training, and no one works any less hard because of it.quote]

wow that must be really difficult for them they must be in love then, good to hear about.

:angel:

oliver willison

• 2 weeks later...