• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like a girl at my martial arts schoool !

I wouldn't recommend it, but I've seen it work. Are you able to be really dedicated to your martial art, and able to focus on the martial art (and not flirting with her) when they were in class? It doesn't sound like it - it sounds like you've been mooning over her.

I've seen several dojo relationships break up and as a result never seen one or both parties again.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atleast u have something in common

and as for not working hard enough for having a gf there

would ur grades slip if u had a girlfriend in class?

my guess is u'd probably get better because u have someone there to help and probably explain it better and be more helpful

(unless of course ur just alot better than she is in which case u get to help some one else out, but dont let it get in the way of ur own training)

i'm not saying anything bad about ur teacher but if ur in a class then he/she wont get as much one-on-one time

but if it does get in the way of ur classes ur gonna have to choose

a) a cute girl

b)martial arts

if u have to choose one, love it and be dedicated; that goes for both the girl and the style u practise

Cody

white belt in everything

Although the response is common among young people without a lot of life experience, it is still a valid philosohpical stance. Although not necessarily one I would choose..

Keep Smiling!

Well, I'm sticking to my guns on that one. Sometimes a solution presents another problem, but I've never attempted a solution that brought a bigger problem than the original.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• 2 weeks later...

I unfortunately learned this the hard way -

Just Don't Do It. - sorry, I just have nothing more hopeful on the subject.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."