• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like a girl at my martial arts schoool !

I'd give the opposite advice that most people here give. If you don't try, you will always wonder what would have happened if you did. If things don't work out, you don't have to worry about it making things complicated at the dojo - things are only more complicated in your own mind.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Student-to-student dating isn't AS BAD as student-to-instructor dating. I think in a few cases it could work, because nobody in the relationship is holding an authority position over the other one. I've seen relationships come and go within the dojo and everyone seems able to move on.

I still wouldn't encourage it, though.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

If it is meant to be, continue being yourself and good things will happen. Dont rush it. How old are you? We may be able to give better advice knowing your age.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

Leave it alone, chances are in the next year or so, one or both of you will be leaving for college anyway, and you dont want to be one of those guys that misses out on college girls cuz he's got a girl at home.

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

I have to disagree with Black Dragon. If you both like each other, enjoy each other's company, then go for it. Heck, you've got a common interest, which is always nice. You've got built in training partner and such. You just need to be mature enough to separate your roles as students in a dojo and that of bf/gf. Black Dragon does have a good concept though in keeping your eyes open to the future, but as the old saying goes, "don't forget to stop and smell the roses." And, I would think that this might be a rose.

Leave it alone, chances are in the next year or so, one or both of you will be leaving for college anyway, and you dont want to be one of those guys that misses out on college girls cuz he's got a girl at home.

Yes, because we all know how much girls like it when you slept with 5 different girls at college. :roll: Don't worry about "missing out on college girls." Promiscuity is bad, mmkay!

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

everyone at my school date other people from there. it isn't a big deal, really. you just can't be boyfriend and girlfriend during class. and at my school the training with each other get rougher if 2 people are together. or it at least stays the same.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

As Bobby Bouchers' mom said in "The Waterboy": "Little girls are the devil!" :lol: Seriously though, go with your feelings, but don't forget why you are there!! Good luck!

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!