• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

defense against a push

A well directed punch to the bridge of the nose.

That is only if you think the situation could get out of hand if you dont deal with it at that time.

Sometimes a push can become a full-on fist fight in a matter of seconds. And other times its just some macho man trying to prove he is tough.

I have had people push me before a number of times and when they realise that i have super human strength they give up easily.

The most important thing is not to push back.. if your going to do anything make sure its a strike. If you push its basically telling the person that you are "challenging" them.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of moving off to the side 45 degrees and use the attackers momentum against them. Grabbing an arm and locking them up in a take down maneuver works well. This will put the attacker on the ground.

At this time you can finish the attacker off with a punch to the face or rids. You could also use a kick to the floating ribs. Keeping you in a standing position.

Make sure that you are kneeling into the finishing move and not bending over (keep your back straight) if you decide to use a punch.

Must maintain your balance and remember that attackers always have brothers :kaioken:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Although a push may not harm u; so defending agaisnt it isn't that important, it takes the smerk of the guys face when u quickly parry it, it may even disuade him.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

Personally - a guy is pretty stupid if he pushes me away - cuz I'm very good at distance fighting. He should have just grabbed my lapels, but then again, that's just asking for a sharp knee.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

walk away..... some people don't know who they are messing with. If this doesn't work, a switch away back kick would work perfectly. When you are pushed use the momentum and slip in a back kick. It would work even better you you landed the kick on the solarplexes. After that you could get creative.... :brow:

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder